Monday, May 08, 2006

Easy Yummy Potatoes


I have been trying to be better about cooking an "actual meal" each night ....which is hard for me! Not because I dont like to cook ,but just because I hate to take the time to stop what I'm doing and cook ...and then CLEAN UP! Anyway, last night, I made my sister Donna's Potatoes. ( that's what I call them...because she's who made them ,the first time I tried them). haha
Anyway, they are so good and super easy. Just wash and slice in half (the long way), as many potatoes as you want. I use a glass 9 x 13, and put a stick of margarine in the bottom. I preheat the oven to 375. While it's preheating , I stick the pan in the oven, just long enough to melt the marg. I then take it out, and add a Tablespoon of fresh minced garlic, and some salt and pepper. Put the sliced pototoes in the pan cut side down. Cover with foil and bake about 40 min, or until potatoes are done , or bottoms are browning. If you need to brown them more,...I just turn them over , remove the foil,and stick them under the broiler for a minute. Sprinkle with parsley flakes.

These aren't low calorie, but they are good!

1 comment:

Pattyjo said...

Oh those sound fantastic! Thanks for the easy tip! I am going to make those myself.