Saturday, September 09, 2006

So tired

I am pooped, so this post will be brief. Wes was home and needed to run into Omaha to return something at BestBuy, so he came along to Nebraska Furniture Mart . I really stepped out of my box on this. It's really different, but I'm ready for something really different from what I usually get. Ended up getting this sofa and chair. Planning on painting the walls a golden tan color. I think the golden color will look good with the dark brown of the furniture.... atleast that's what I hope. The walls are definatly going to have more color than what I've had in the past... I'm feeling darling. LOL It is DRAINING , looking ,thinking, pricing, sitting to try them out, looking more, .. on and on. I started getting a migraine on the way home , driving in the rain. I thought it was going away, but It's flaring up again, so I just took something and I'm heading to bed.

Oh, the canvas is just something I did for fun last night. I just started messing around with paint, pens, stamps ect... And did what I wanted. I love to doodle ,and this was total creative freedom. One of the most relaxing things I've done in a long time. I totally enjoyed it... it was totally therapeutic! No major masterpiece, and for NO reason, just fun to do. LOL

4 comments:

Jami said...

I would love to have that furniture. It is gorgeous and I bet it will be beautiful with the golden tan walls. I can't wait to see it all put together. You will post a pic when you are done right? The canvas is amazing Vicki, I love the colors and the freedom of it all. I hope you don't have a migraine today, there is nothing worse than one of those. I use to get them alot but knock on wood, I don't get them as often.

Lana said...

Ahhhh!! Vicki your projects just blow me away! I love that canvas! And the furniture is an awesome choice! Looks comfy and it's SO handsome! Someday I'll get to shop around for something like that, what I like,,, someday! :)

Sharon said...

Vicki - I love that furniture! We need new stuff too (that doesn't have loose cushions the kids can throw around!) but alas, not yet. And you know, the beauty of paint is that it's just paint. Relatively cheap in the grand scheme of decorating :)

Pattyjo said...

Your home is so inviting! You do such a nice job decorating!