Sunday, October 15, 2006

Holiday gift guide projects

Decided I would post a few of my projects from the "Holiday Gift Guide".
They were all specific assignments ...such as the garland was to be greenery and fabric. I cut the individual pieces of the pointsettia out of paper. I taped a peice of wire on the back of the paper piece so that it would be able to be bend and formed, then cut and stitched the fabric front and back. I used the wire to put them all to gether to make the flower. The clear buttons have fabric covering the back and were dipped in Diamond glaze and clear glass marbles. The garland is about 5 foot long, so it was a time consuming project, that's for sure.

The two fabric wraps were an assignment for "Soft Wrap" Gift wraps, using fabric.

It was fun to see the garland used at the top of this full page ad for the the Magizine.

This wreath started as a full size wire wreath frame. I cut lots of fabric strips with a rotary pinking shears, and tied them all on. The assignment was a FABRIC and PAPER Wreath. So the letters are chipboard covered with paper, and the starts and bow are hand cut, inked and machine stitched. I used the wire inside the ribbon pieces like I did on the other project, so that they could be formed to look more like real ribbon. I used wire to hang the little bells, and added buttons
The other project was a five minute gift bag. It was to be made with scrapbooking materials a scrapbooker would have handy, and was supposed to be simple enought to be put together in five minutes.

Its fun to finally be able to share some of these projects I was so consumed with few months ago. It seems like it's been a long wait, anticipating this special issue coming out.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Holy cow, woman YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY! These are absolutely gorgeous and I am just bowled over by how incredibly creative you are!

Pattyjo said...

What a beautiful wreth! Your poinsettia is sooooooooo awesome! You amaze me...just amaze me with what you come up with!