Friday, October 20, 2006

My everyday life

Some days things just dont go as planned, that's for sure....but i guess all you can do is go with the flow.
I got a call from Wes this afternoon, saying that he was on his way to Omaha to play (guitar/sing) for a wedding, and he had a blow out. He had a spare, but for some reason the lug nuts were different and the tire iron didnt fit all of them. I jumped in my car and went to pick him up.(he was already running late). He was about 25 miles from here. Thank goodness for cell phones. Anyway, now he has my car and i'm without. (oh the things a mother does for her children! LOL) I was planning on going into Fremont today, to drop off Debs birthday gift and go into Omaha tomorrow, but I guess those things will wait. I was telling Deb , when i called her to wish her a happy Birthday, and tell her, I wouldnt be in today, that...it's just been one thing after another....but then I said , you know what... I shouldnt complain about little things like flat tires, water softeners, and dental work.... I should be SO thankful my family is healthy!!! When I think about things some people have going on in their lives ,t hat they have to deal with everyday, I realized how blessed we really are!



The things I posted today are done on some little paper mache Artist Trading Cards, by
Walnut Hollow. I decided to alter them a little and make them to be hung. All the images and papers i used are Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage

Today, I'm posting , earlier, when I'm not half asleep, so I cant blame sleep deprivation for my spelling errors. If you read my blog, I'm sure you find plenty of them! LOL For some reason my computer is blocking my spell check?? I appologize for my short comings as a writer.... It's just never been my thing. ( I'd rather have my hands in paint and glue because that's WAY more fun!)

*you can click on the images to see them bigger. Check out the first one...that says "is your girdle killing you?" That Cracks me up!!!

3 comments:

Nat said...

Love your cute little layouts!!!

becky said...

i just emailed you to thank you for sending the photos and i asked you how your week was going and then i realized that i could find out, by checking your blog! (how's that for a long sentence!) glad wes is okay!

Pattyjo said...

Those are amazing! You are amazing!