Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Taking TIme

I love what I do , but from time to time , I have to remind myself that there are lots of other things I love to do , and I need to remember to take time to do them. I used to love to bake, but it seems there just isn't always time,(plus I get into it , if it's around the house). These pumpkins muffins (or bread , if you like) are just the best. It just isn't fall if I don't make them. SO... Today I finished making them. I started last night ,and had to run to the store for flour, before I could finish...Since I was short some. The house smells so good now!

The one thing I love about this recipe , is that it's quick and easy! It makes a big batch (2 1/2) doz I always cut back on the sugar, but you can also use baking splenda. They freeze really well. If you like moist heavier muffins...You'll love these.

Pumpkin Bread/MUFFINS

3 c sugar
1 c oil
4 eggs
2 (15oz) cans of pumpkin or 1 large can
2/3 c water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinn
1 tsp nutmeg
3 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda

combine all and mix with electric mixer. (HOW EASY IS THAT???) It says to pour into 3 loaf pans and bake 60 minutes at 350 I put in muffin tins and just bake until tops are firm... Just so that your finger doesn't leave an impression.

1 comment:

Pattyjo said...

Yummy I will have to show my daughter some of your recipes!
She can have sugar and loves to cook.