Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!!




Happy New Year Everyone!

And ... Happy Birthday Sandy and Ron!!!

Pretty low key around here today. Since we had to move Mom's birthday celebration to next weekend because of the weather, I have been working...trying to keep on top of things, this month.(which will be a challenge) LOL
Chatted with Sharon (sister in Florida) for a bit, and then somehow missed a call from Donna (sister in Phoenix) Sorry Donna, must have been running the washer, or outside with the pups.

I did have something fun and exciting today. I knew I had an altered Doll in this months issue of Altered ARTS magazine, because Paula and I both have one in there, and had been in to Omaha looking to pick up an issue, (with no luck), but I just went to the Website and ....It's on the COVER! How darn fun is that? When we get them back, I'll take a picture of Paulas and mine together. Her's is so Cool!The arms and legs are silverware and the face is a Clock. The body has gears inside it, that you can see through the clear front. That girl is all about "deep thought, and detail!" It's amazing!

I worked on getting some of the cutting done for my AccuCut make and take project for CHA.
It's a fun new Card die that is WAY cute! Cant wait to show you. I'm using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage papers.

Since I cant share any of the things I'm working on for CHA, I'll share something I did a while back. I actually was thinking I'd have all kinds of fun Birthday photos to share today.... darn! It will have to wait until next weekend.

This was hard to photograph, because of the glare on the glass, sorry. This is a shadow box I ran accross at Gordmans. I took some photos at the old abandon school house that is not far from here, and I just loved them. This was one of my favorites, so I decided it would be the one I would use for this project. It's pretty simple but , I was happy with the way it turned out. One thing about it, I can change out the photo at anytime, and just clip in another one.






I looked back through my files, hoping to find the actual photo of these window...but for some reason I couldnt find it. I wish you could see the "old school" photos themselves, they are so much clearer than this. It's a cool old place.

I've been working on my January Scrap Muse stuff.. Check out the January Sneek Peek .

Both boys made it back safe and sound from New Years Eve, so I'm a happy ma ma. Do mothers ever stop worrying?? LOL


Hope all of you are having a great day...and getting your new year off to a great start!

No comments: