Sunday, January 21, 2007

More of the white stuff

We defiantly got more of snow again last night! I was up late, so atleast I got some work done. I normally don't wait up for the boys when they are coming home anymore... Simply because if I did , I would NEVER sleep. Who knows about those two... They keep the craziest hours. But last night I knew Jarad was really tired since he had worked until 5 am Saturday morning and then had to go back in by noon. It was late , it was snowing hard, so the visibility was poor... So I wasn't going to be able to sleep until everyone was off the roads and safe.
While I was up.. I worked on this...


It's one of the new free- standing frames from
Page Frames.
The inside page is white corrugation painted and distressed. The chipboard letters are adhered on the front. I cut the flower and the bird out of felt ,and stitched on them. I'm loving these cool gems I found ,that I used for the stem. They come in a strip, or you can cut them separate. They are called "Crystal Sticker elements" by Mark Richards.

I used to love winter and love snow...But I have to say.. Not so much anymore......



but this is pretty.

3 comments:

janel said...

Love the felt....and how you stitched around the edges...love your projects...love Page Frames too...all is good! Now, to just get it to warm up and melt! I am ready...We have the same white stuff here...all day....I am anxious for some "orange county" sunshine! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Vic, I am totally in love with that frame - I am going to have to copy that and make one to put in my NEW house that's coming on Thursday..... :-) yahoo...You are so awesome!

Pattyjo said...

Your snow is beautiful, you get way more than we do here. I love your frame, it is so "Spring" in the middle of your snow storm. I have to go and look at it again!