Friday, February 23, 2007

Dollar store obsession

I do have a Dollar store obsession...simply because I can always find so many fun things to alter there. I stopped at the new Dollar store on my way home yesterday and found these bird houses on the clearance table for $2 , (with a purple dot...that meant you got an additional 25% off ) Woo Hoo.. now that's a deal! lol It was just flat, on the roof and side and painted (ugly), but ....

Check it out after adding some fun Fancy Pants Designs scalloped Chipboard for the roof and edges. I swear..you can do anything with that BIG chipboard!!! The heart, swirls leaves, and birds are all also FPD chipboard. All the papers are all from the KEWL line. New Fancy Pants CHA release.





Well, I'm feeling like I'm finally getting caught up on some of my projects ...and who know, if the weather does what they are saying it might, I may be stuck inside, and get even more done. We are suppose to be in for some major snow this weekend! (At least that's what they are saying now.. but that can always change).
Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!



5 comments:

Victoria said...

Vicki this is too cute!! Love the colors and I agree that Chip is out of this world!! HUGS!!!

Victoria said...

Vicki this is too cute!! Love the colors and I agree that Chip is out of this world!! HUGS!!!

janel said...

Wow, I am impressed! So cute....love the scroll chipboard..and the colors make me feel like spring is here! Can hardly wait!

Catherine said...

I am totally in love with this! So cute.

Helle Greer said...

You are amazing. This is so cute.
I'm sure you could find a clever way to alter a black trashbag too LOL.
Have a great weekend.
helle