Sunday, February 18, 2007

Feb Scrap Muse Kit Projects

Yay, I love when we finally get to upload our projects we've all been working on with our Scrapmuse kits. This kit was filled with fantastic stuff. You know how I love Foofa la...so I was in heaven when this arrived!
You can tell by looking at this first project .. I AM READY FOR SPRING! I think I may be jumping the gun , just a bit! I'm just really glad the weather was good this weekend since the boys were on the road to Colorado to Ryans. They called about an hour ago and said they were in North Platte, so they are in NE now,and should be home in a couple more hours.




This layout is about my Grandma. My memories of her and her house. The journaling reads:
Grandmas House
was always surrounded with the beautiful flowers she grew.
smelled like her famous cinnamon rolls.
was filled with crocheted doilies and handmade quilts.
was filled with all of my grandmas favorite treasures, collected through the years.
was homey and cozy, and was a place I loved to visit.



Here's a close up

This is Amy(my brother Rays daughter) and John at their wedding. I cant take credit for this beautiful photo. It was taken by my brother in law Keith. I just loved it SO much , I had to scrap it.
This is kind of different but... it was fun. I cut a heart templet out of chipboard and laid it down on the paper to paint the heart. then I used the wide piece of lace and my brayer in paint, and brayered on the painted lace pattern on the side of the heart. I punched some different flowers and used the negative like a stencil to paint on some flowers first, then added the punched flowers. I made a promise to myself to try to get back to doing more technique based things. I love techniques!



I've really been using my tracing wheel alot lately for some reason. hmm... I just get on a kick sometimes. lol





Here's my sketch this month. I'm not a digi girl, so hand drawn, is what you get with me.

Here is the layout I did , based on the sketch. The little dolly in the the photo, is my brother Dan's granddaughter , Kirsten. I took it the day everyone was her for moms 85th birthday party.


yeh...uh..it's me. geeezzz.. it's about the trauma of turning the big 45! YIKES!
Journaling says:
45? How did that happen? It just doesn't seem possible. 45 always seemed so "old" to me , especially when I was in my twenties and thirties. I don't feel old. Inside I still feel like the same person I was when I was 20, so it is amazing to me that I have children that old now. Where did the time go? If I dwell on it too much, I have to admit, it bothers me to think about being 45. I just still don't see myself that old, but you know what... I'm thankful for everyday! I'm happy, and hopefully, a bit wiser than I was when I was twenty. Ready to take on 45. So bring on the wrinkle cream... I'm in for the long haul! Life is good!

Check out the ScrapMuse Newsletter
Hope all of you had a fantastic weekend, and I hope you have a great start to the week!!!!







8 comments:

Cindy Keery said...

Your work is SO beautiful! I am in awe!

Cindy
My Blog

Nat said...

Ohhh boy. I soooo love all your layouts- you rocked this kit again!

Jami said...

Vicki oh Vicki what can I say. I LOVE EVERY Layout you do. AMAZING!!!

Deb S. said...

Just bee-utiful stuff my friend, as always. Kirsten is such a doll. Love that photo of her...

Michelle said...

I looooove all of your pages from the kit, Vicki! They are so awesome!

StaceyM said...

Oh my goodness girl, You are so in your element lately. Please don't stop the techniques. I too am a technique junkie and you are inspiring me in so many ways. I have got to try masking other items in my household!!! LOL Definitely going to be giving that sketch a run for it's money.

Just amazing!!!

janel said...

Happy Tuesday to you! Have been gone, and just back checking out my favorite blog! Love that heart layout with the flowers...yummy!
Yes, I am so ready for warm weather...and I know it is coming...I can hear birds singing as I type. Thinking of you!
hugs

Helle Greer said...

I don't have any words left for your talent, and you can sketch too!!!
EVERYTHING is so yummy, and I don't think you EVER sleep.
helle