Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Playing with pretty stuff

I have decided that I need to get myself busy working on some things to sell at the up coming April Scrapbooking weekend I'm teaching at , at the Lancaster Event Center in April. I have SO many containers that are sitting here, just screaming to be altered...so "altering" is the mission at hand. I have hat boxes , cigar boxes... containers of every size and shape.. and I am running out of room to store them... so this should solve a couple of problems.. right? Hopefully! I have a number of these wine containers that have been sitting on the shelf ... and I've seen them done up so cute by a number of people.. so these were my first project finished. I'll post the other containers tomorrow. I did notice after I posted these photos , that I forgot the gems in the centers of the flowers.. (I better go glue those in now..so I don't forget)lol
Of course I had to use my new favorite stamps for the tags! Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage
Clear ART stamps.



Jan(sister) and I will be teaching 4 classes that weekend, and we always have a table to sell things we've made. It's a great opportunity to make some money and have a fun weekend with some really great girls. We always look forward to it.

I worked on these this morning , and then this afternoon made a trip to West Point to a New store that opened there call "Scrap'n Point". It was great to met Ruth the owner... who is just so sweet. Always nice to met someone in person, that you've only talked with on the phone.
I'm excited about the plans we have for some upcoming classes I'll be teaching there. It's a very nice store, with a great , well lighted work area.
I was looking forward to getting together with Paula(cousin) tomorrow , for a little "Creative gathering",but it looks like the weather is up to no good again... so it my have to wait. They are talking ice and blowing snow starting after midnight. We both live in the country ,about 20 minutes from each other... so if it's bad, we may have to wait. I hate driving in bad weather. And no sense taking chances.
Might just have to stay home and stay warm...save the fun for another day!

3 comments:

janel said...

Vickie,
So beautiful! Again, I am amazed at all your beautiful projects...what a gift! Lucky ladies that get to have you and your sister teach. Beautiful work!

Catherine said...

I love those wine containers - TRES coolio!! Stay warm - I'll be thinking of you tonight when the winds and snow start howling around here too!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a
amusement account it. Look advanced to far
added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?



Feel free to visit my homepage :: socialswager.com