Saturday, February 17, 2007

Valentine Brunch

What a great day! I can even tell you how good it was to get together with the girls today! I have really missed these girls. We used to try to get together once a month at a local coffee house and share the projects we have been working on ,but we have all been really busy lately, so it's been a while. It was great to sit down and chat... all of us together! Individually we get to see each other, and of course we email, but , to all be together was great!


These beautiful tulips were from Jan.
Sorry about the lighting on this photo. I wish I would have taken more photos, but you know how it is when you're the hosttess, you just don't grab your camera as often ,because your busy with other things. I know Becky took Pictures, So hopefully I can get those from her later. We put her camera on my tripod so we could get a photo with all of us.
We had Quiche and bite size pastry shells filled with sugar free whip cream and fresh strawberries and blueberries. (that will make up for the pile of calories in middle of the table) LOL CHOCOLATE!!!

Back row , left to right Sherri, Strong(Bec's sister), Ruth Rector, Jan Jenkins (my sister)
Becky Novacek, Deb Steenblock

It was fun getting things ready for the brunch. I used to loved to do stuff like this all the time, it just seems things have gotten to busy and I've gotten away from it. We had Mimosa, so I wanted to do something fun with this plastic red Val day glasses I found. I figured out the the base could be taken off , so I bought a bush of pink Gerbera daisies and took the centers out, cut the holes a bit bigger,and slid them over the stem of the glass, then tied a ribbon on before putting the base back on.
The crowns on each plate were made with an AccuCut die. I just cut each one out of a variety of pink and red patterned papers and added gems. The little gift boxes are also AccuCut dies. I filled those with pink, red and white scrapbooking embellishments.




These are the hearts and ribbons that hung from the light above the table. Oh.. How I love girlie things like this! lol
Why is it when you look so forward to something , the time always seems to go by SO fast? It seems like the time was just too short. I could have chatted with the girls all day. (well any of you who know me , know I can pretty much CHAT ALL DAY anyway, but you know what I mean.)
I really realize more than ever how important it is to slow down and enjoy the people that are important in your life. And taking time to do the things you really love to do! I love to Scrapbook, but I forgot how much I love to entertain, and decorate, and cook. hmm.. now that I think about it, I used to really read a lot, and embroider, and I'd love to volunteer at the humane Society,..... take a computer class, and a photography class,..... have a big garden,...... and learn to watercolor.. whew... I better go, I have a lot to do. lol






5 comments:

Catherine said...

oh my gosh Vic - what a beautiful party - can you come to my house and plan on of those??

Deb S. said...

Ahhhhh what a beautiful and fun gathering!! Loved every bit of it Vic!! Thanks so much :)

Helle Greer said...

WOW!!!!
I want to live closer to YOU, so I can get invited to such fun parties.
You sure know how to have fun, and set a table, FaNtaCtiC.
helle

Jami said...

Oh man I wish I lived closer also. What a beautiful table and all the yummy food. I am sure you had a load of fun. Thank you for sharing.

becky said...

every detail was just perfection vic! thanks so much for having us and making it such a special time! love ya!