Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mixed Emotions

Well the last 24 hours have certainly been filled with ups and downs. Yesterday my brother-in-law lost a nephew to meningitis.. very unexpectedly. In his 40's with two teenage daughters, he came home from work with a terrible headache, and laid down. Later in the night when his wife checked on him, he was not coherent, so she called the ambulance. After being life flighted to a larger hospital, his condition continued to deteriorate seriously, until he was surrviving only by life support, and then passed away last night. So, so tragic and sad. My sister and brother-in-law fly in from FL late tonight , and my Niece latertomorrow. My nephew arrived here from MN earlier today. Please keep them all in your prayers. This is such a sad time for my brother-in-law and his entire family.

Also last evening Dans(my dh) grandma passes away at 96 years of age. She had a long full life, incredable faith, and an amazing love and knowledge of nature and gardening. We have so many fond memories of her. She will be missed.

Always amidst the bad , is a little good, right? This is what keeps us going. So I'm going to now tell you about some of the "good" things that have happened in my life the last 24 hours... so I can end on a happier note.

First, below is a picture of the layout I did of my adorable little niece Lyndsay, that is in this months issue of "Scrapbook Trends". Lyndsay... thank you for letting me take this photo of you... you are beautiful, (inside and out)!!!


I was also pleasantly surprised by a really nice phone call from my sweet friend Helle Greer yesterday. It was so so nice to chat with her... it was defiantly a bright spot in the events of the day! Thanks Helle!

The other bright spot in the day , was this nice post my friend Catherine had on her blog.

It's pretty amazing how friends and family can brighten , even the darkest days. Thanks for being there!

8 comments:

janel said...

Dear Vicki,
I am so very sorry. I cannot imagine what your family is going through. They will all be in my prayers. It certainly shows how very precious life is, and how things can change so quickly. Big hugs to you!
I saw the beautiful layout of your sweet niece....a breath of sunshine. Thinking of all of you....and hoping that the memories of "Grandma" fill you with comfort!

Michelle M White said...

Oh Vicki...my thoughts are with you and your family. I'm so sorry.

Nat said...

Vicki, so sad to hear about all this - I'm thinking of you and your family!!!

doverdi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. My thoughts are with you & your family at this difficult time.

On a brighter note: Your niece is beautiful and so is the layout.

StaceyM said...

Wow girl, you know they say when it rains it pours. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of both family members. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this time of sorrow. May your family find peace in these difficult times.

Helle Greer said...

Oh Vicki, Why did you not tell me this was all happening? I'm so very sorry for your family's loss. You will all be in my prayers.
I was really good to talk to you too, I wish we lived closer, so Michelle and I could just stop by for a chat, and give you a hug.
Sending you lots through cyber space.
helle

becky said...

sorry to hear about your losses vic.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Vicki,

I am so sorry too, for this sad loss in your family. I know this is a hard time.

I have added you and your family to my prayer list. I am praying that there will be comfort, somehow, in God arms. Lidy