Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tea Party Time

Today on Artsy Mama's Blog ,she having a Tea Party, and has invited others to come and share, "online". It should be really fun to see what others have contributed to the party , on their blogs. She is posting links to everyones blogs , so that we can see all the pretties! Here is the the link to her blog Artsy Mama


This is what I made as my tea party contribution. It's a little party favor. A personal cake. For some reason I seem to have an obsession with ribbon spools. lol The first project I came up with using a ribbon spool was the "Spoolie" It's a mini album done inside a ribbon empty ribbon spool. If you would like to know how to make one, check here

Well, I've had cakes on my mind, since I'm working on a card holder wedding cake box for my nieces wedding... so I thought , why not a smaller version? So.. I broke out the box of empty ribbon spools and started. This was the first one I came up with. The darling bird stamp and crown on the top is one of the new Clear ART stamps from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.
This is the second one. That could be used for a birthday, or other occasions. This one was done , with all Crafty Secrets products.
Then I decided to try one that was a little more whimsy, so I used these brighter papers.




This is just a photo of the setting on my kitchen country...ready for SPRING!!! yes!



I've been reflecting alot this week on Dan Grandma, so I decided to snap a few shots of some of the things in our home , that are fond remembrances of her. Like this mirror, she gave us years ago, and has hung on our wall ever since.




This cookie jar is my Absolute Favorite!!! It just makes me smile every time I look at it.




I also love this beautiful dish that used to be hers, that sit in our bedroom.







There are many more pretties of her's sitting here and there, to remind us of her. I will post more on another day.
I hope all of you have a great day, and get a chance to check out Artsy MaMa's blog to see all the tea party fun!

18 comments:

janel said...

I just about died when I saw the "cat in the fiddle" jar...I HAVE the same one! My dad won it at a gathering ( now I am thinking I need to scrap that story)....and it was our cookie jar for many many years..and when mom sold her house and belongings..I was lucky enough to get it....I LOVE it...we are "soul sisters"!

Have a GREAT day!

ArtsyMama said...

Everything looks just amazing!!! So glad you could join the tea party. Hope you're having fun.
Happy Spring!
Kari

Sugar Bear said...

Such absolutely darling cakes! Your mirror is beautiful as well. Isn't it wonderful to have family heirlooms? -Karla

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Your party favors are so pretty! Very inspiring!! Just love your blog ~ Heather

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love your personal cakes! They are wonderful, I think I have enough fun $$$ left to buy a few of the stamps, don't I??

Thank you for sharing some of your Grandma's special things, I too have things I love because they were my Grandmom's. They give you that warm feeling inside, don't they?

Please visit me today, my little French Claudette is pouring. :)

Lidy

FrenchGardenHouse said...

okay, now I am really really wanting those bird stamps. If I don't live near a store, can I get them online???eek, I'm suffering here.:)

Merci-Notes said...

Hello! Your "Tea Party Favors" are so cute AND beautiful! Wish I was there to take the"little bird" home. I am sorry for your loss. May peace be with her.
With Kindess.
Mary

Fiona said...

I've really enjoyed visiting your blog. Lots of lovely things to look at and enjoy. Glad you joined the tea party. it's such a great way to meet new folks!

Dawn said...

I am so delighted to find your blog! I will be back!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I enjoyed all the teaparties today, but your cakes were extra special!

Natasha Burns said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Sonia at C. Crafts & Collectibles said...

Love your blog and thanks for tea!!

Happy Spring!!

Helle Greer said...

Oh MY!!! I can't keep up with you.
You're just wipping one project out of your sleeve after another.
Those cakes are Amazing.
You rock MY artWorLd, Girlfriend.
xx
helle

Catherine said...

I am so in love with these cakes....lovely - yummy - so creative. You rock sistah! I can't wait for those bird stamps to come to my LSS!!

Laurie said...

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! It's so great to meet you, what a great idea this tea party was! Your cakes are really neat, would like to try making some of my own. Happy spring!

Michelle M White said...

Everything is wonderful! I am in awe of the "cakes"!!!!

Pattyjo said...

Those are beautiful! I love the mirror from your hubbys grandma! That is a real beauty and keepsake!

BellaBonta said...

I was looking on the net for a place to buy empty ribbon spools to wind all of the ribbons I have trying to keep them from wrinkling during my upcoming move- and I found your site. What great music & I love the cookie jar! My grandmother had a similar one, the only thing in her home I ever wanted, but came up missing over the years after she moved. But thanks for the memories & the great 70's tunes!