Thursday, March 15, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things

I decided today to share some more photo I just randomly took around my room, ... not specifically organization.. just some of my favorite things. I really think, when you spend alot of time in an area... just adding a few things that ,just make you smile, really helps, make "your space" a little more enjoyable. I change things in my room alot. Just little things. It's surprising how much they can brighten your day!


I have always loved butterflies, since I was a little girl and these are some of my favorite Fancy Pants papers.. so I used my AccuCut machine and cut these butterflies out ,and added them to my wall.

I love these colapsable cubes for storage.



I LOVE stamps , but I hated it when I couldn't see them all. Finally I found these cool plastic extendable spice racks in the housewares dept at walmart. NOW , I can see my stamps, and it makes it SO much easier to find what I'm looking for.


These are some of the big flowers I found at Gordmans the other day. They are so bright and cheerful. Makes it feel like SPRING in here!




I keep my paint brushes in this old pot ... and these little cuties, guard them for me! loOne of my very favorite things, is this fabric hanging lamp I found at Z gallery. I just added the crystals that are hanging at the bottom.

I dont know if you can see it very well, but in a frame on the wall , in the background , is a "V" that Sandy gave me , quite some time ago. It's just SO beautiful! I will take a better photo of it in good light and post it one of these next days, so you can see it. It's a vintage postcard that is the most gorgeous colors and is stitched. Again... another "pretty" , that makes my work space, just a little happier!



Speeking of "Happier". I just couldnt have been happier to see my dear friend Chris today! Have you ever just had one of those friends that , it just doesn't matter how much time passes between visits, you can just pick right up when you see each other, like no time had passed at all? Well that is the way it is with Chris. We used to live just down the street from each other at one time. Our kiddos went to school together,we car pooled and used to walk together almost every night, share recipes,jonts to the grocery store, and have our spring outing every year to pick out our flowers to plant together... just fun stuff. She remarried and moved to Omaha and I ended up moving the other direction. Even though we don't live that far from each other now... life is busy, and we just can meet at the corner for our walk(and chat), like we used to. Today was her Birthday , and we met in Omaha for a visit. I realized when we talked and laughed and talked and laughed.. and laughed some more.( I mean ..till you have tears running down your face...laugh!)... how much I miss her,and how LUCKY, I am to have the friends I do! Man , am I blessed!!!
Happy Birthday Christine!!!!!






Dont forget to put your name in for the giveaway, if you havent! I'll be drawing on Friday morning!

3 comments:

Michelle M White said...

I want to come play in your room! Love you stamps!

Catherine said...

Vic - so love your room....and great idea for the stamp storage, I'm going to have to keep my eye out for those!

janel said...

Oh yes, that stamp storage is perfect...it really is nice to be able to have them in sight. Enjoy the weekend, and may the sun shine and flowers bloom!