Tuesday, March 27, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things

I decided although it's a dreary day here, sprinkling and cloudy... I thought I would go outside and just take a few shots of the buds on the trees and little signs of spring popping out of the ground to post today, since I don't have project I can post yet. Well, I tried...but it just didn't work out. Things are coming up...but ...remember it's Nebraska.. and it hasn't been warm all that long, so there is still alot of brown stuff. ick! Soon... it will be better..but until then I'll share some photos. I do this every once in a while. It's "These are a few of my favorite things" post. lol I just walk around the house and snap shots of things "inside" that ..just.. make me happy!
You know how you have those certain little things sitting around that you just "enjoy" when you walk by them. We all have them. The are either things someone special has given you, that remind you of something or someone. They could just be your favorite color , or just give you that "cozy"feeling. Well.. here are some of mine.


I found that little cream picture when I was junk'n/treasure hunting.
To left had corner of my white cabinet, is one of my handmade favorites from my friend Catherine. She is a wiz with a sewing machine. Author of "Sewing on Paper".

I got this years ago in the Back Hills ...and just love those little birds. It hangs above my stove.






I love birds! (even before hey were popular)lol
I think, because my mom has collected them for years.The photo below is of the guest bathroom . It's kind of my "girlie place". For some reason the guys in the house... don't use this restroom much. lol



This little tea pot was a gift from my dear friend Sally. She gave it to me years ago when our kiddos where just little guys. I had two boys and she had three. We did lots together and our boys played together daily. We were young mothers, and supported each other through the rough times, and shared the joys of raising boys. Motherhood was number one to us...so this is so fitting. Our boys are grown, she is no longer my sister-in-law (as she was married to Dan's brother)...but will always be my friend. Although she is remarried has a new life, and we don't get together as often as we used to... she is still so special to me!
It's amazing , something as simple as a little teapot can hold so many memories!
Talking about friends... I wanted to say thanks to all the new friends , that have been commenting on my blog. Your comments just make my day!!! Thanks! Vicki

4 comments:

janel said...

So fresh and so beautiful. It looks like the grass is green through your window....Yea! Love that nest with the eggs in it too. Thanks for letting us enjoy the things you love! Have a wonderful day!

stefania said...

,
I'm from italy
just wanted to say that I love your blog and the wonderful things you make. You are so talented and you are truly ispiration for me.
stefania

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

I love that photo of your "girlie" bathroom; would love to see more of it! :)

Pattyjo said...

Your guest room is sooooo elegant! You are such a good decorator you are a great jane of all trades!
LOL