Thursday, March 22, 2007

What a mix!

This is going to be another one of those mix and match blog posts, I tend to have. I have lots of things I want to share..but they don't all exactly have any connection..(except that they're important to me)lol

First of all , I want to say thanks to Artsy Mama for hosting the tea party yesterday.. it was so fun to check out all the different blogs and see all inspiration!

I wanted to share the video link to the video Wes ( ds) sent me from their trip to "South By Southwest in Austin" He was with a group of 6 that were doing video interviews for a project. This is just a clip one of the kids put together of parts of the trip and one of the bands.
(Wes is the red head and facial hair..hat on sometimes) yep...that's my boy! lol Video

Another thing I wanted to mention was this great 5th Ann. sweepstakes at Page Frames!

I was excited to get my Fancy Pants altered Birdhouse picked up for Publication for PaperTrends Aug/Sept issue.


Congrats to my friend Becky Novacek for CK Hall of Fame Honorable Mention again this year! And.... also to all you who had the courage to put your self and your art out there, and try out! I think every year... "This year, I'm going to give it a whirl"..but still haven't...so I'm impressed with those who do. I look at the list of rules and it scares me off. lol Maybe next year? lol (oh yeah... I always say that!) lol

Ok... last I'll share what I worked on yesterday,(and way too late last night)... why do I do that?
I just get so into it, and have such a mess out , I just feel like if I walk away, I wont feel the inspiration to finish it in the morning. It's funny how each person has there own way of working.
Anyway, since I had made copies of this picture of me when I was little, I decided do to some thing with it. Remember, I was the baby in a family of 7, I don't have many photos of myself when I was little. I don't think any of us do. I think mom and day , where to busy!!lol

I had this chipboard book sized container, with an inset in it. Actually, I loved them so much when I saw them, I got a number of them.(another problem I seem to have) Anyway, I finally made this out of one of them.
That's actually a baby kitten I'm holding.. I know it's hard to see.
I love buttons!


I've had this stamp for a while , and really haven't used it that much. I don't know why, because I love it. I just looked to see, and it's from Stampers Anonymous.

I actually cut that old blue measuring tape I found on one of my treasure hunts , a while back. I just had too! I debated about it , and then finally ...did it.
Well, I'm off to enjoy what's left of this gorgeous day!


6 comments:

Deb S. said...

Ohhhhh love,love,love that photo of you Vic! This is so sweet! Loved "Only One" and seeing Wes! How cool is that to actually know someone in a music video?!! Cooool!

Nat said...

Ohhh love your projects again!!!

Catherine said...

Vic, love this. You were such a cutie pie - well you still are - but so cute then too!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

hi! I love that little box. I must confess, I have a garage full of those little boxes in different sizes.

I bought them at a HIA show, thinking surely I would need them.lol

Now I am using them to "box" all sorts of merchandise. Thanks for the email about the stamps, I can't wait to get them.

I am going to get my daily art fix here, with you! Until I am done with my website...did I mention that I really MISS the making of things big and small??

I was so glad to find you, and lots of other wonderful girls at the tea yesterday. :)

Helle Greer said...

What a cutie patudie you were, love love love that project.
helle

Pattyjo said...

Your frame is awesome! I love the picture too, how cute!