Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The windows are open

I LOVE being able to have the windows open! Actually when we moved to the country, I really thought I would have my windows open all the time, (well atleast lot) but, that was until I realized the kind of dust that was involved with you live on a gravel road. lol
I really to love having them open. The smell of fresh air, the breeze, being able to hear the birds..all of it!
I can tell, ..me being to ready for SPRING, as really had an effect on the colors I choose to use for my projects. lol... I'm sure if you visit this blog much, you've noticed also. lol
Pink, yellow, blue and green pastels!!! I just cant get enough of them.

I wish you could see the effect of the "Glimmer Mist" on this tag. I talked about it in a previous post. It's made by a company called "My Tattered Angels". I ran across them recently, and just love them.


The flower image, is from one of the "Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage" , "HomeSpun Cotton Scraps" sheets. "SPRING"
I love the fact they they are printed on Cotton, so the edges can be frayed. They can be stitched or just attached with a tape runner, glue stick.. ect..
The little photo turned are actually stickers. I'm always amazed at how dimensional they look!
Crafty Secrets has a "Hardware" sheet, but I number of the sticker sheets have eyelets and ect.. on them. You can see them all HERE
You can see better on this photo,but I used my Sakura glue pen to highlight the fabric image and then sprinkled some fine iridescent glitter on it.
I'm all about glitter lately! Trust me .. it's on everything I touch... whether I want it to be or not.
I even noticed it on Dan's forehead after he was in here using the computer! lol I didn't tell him. tee hee!

Hope all of you had a wonderful day! (I know your smiling just thinking about ol glitter head)lol

5 comments:

janel said...

Such a breath of spring..and it looks very dimensional too. Love this. Thanks for sharing!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Very 3-D looking, makes me want to touch it. I looked at the Glimmer Mist and couldn't decide on a color, all are tempting. A friend said that it sounds much like another product, and gee, I can't remember the name, H20 something. As much as I LOVE everything to sparkle, I need to get some.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hello! I found your blog through Karla's Cottage blog. Your artwork is lovely and the wedding cake boxes you made are fabulous!!! Your scrapbook pages are wonderful too- what a talented lady! I like to say "any day that ends with glitter and glue stuck to me is a good one!":D I am always finding glitter stuck on my poor husband, too!
Michelle

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I was just looking at all your pretty scrapbooking layouts and I was wondering where you found that wonderful rocketship paper on your "sweet boy" layout?
Michelle

becky said...

beautiful tag vic! i'm giggling thinking of dan with glitter on his forehead!