Tuesday, April 24, 2007

$1.99 worth of fun

I posted this "house shelf" thing.. I found at the Goodwill a while back, so I thought I would show you the finish project. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it when I bought it, but it was cute and was $1.99, so How could I resist? lol

I love when I'm doing something, just for fun, no real reason... because then I know I have total creative freedom to do and use , whatever I want, with no major expectations.

I just pulled out bits and pieces of some of my very favorite papers, and started altering. I used the edge of my 12x12 scallop die, from Accucut to cut the pieces for the roof. I LOVE the scalloped die. If your interested in asking you Local Scrapbook store to carry it, it's SQ704G
Square-Scalloped 11 1/2".

Oh how I love pink... and green... and sheet music! I get on a kick with something , and I just cant let go. lol
I haven't decided what exactly I'm putting on the shelves yet, but maybe,my clear containers of beads. I like to have things out where I can see them. I am hanging it in my work room , and trust me , there wont be any problem finding something to put on the shelves in here. lol

Lots going on this week. My Aunt and Uncle from SD will be at my moms, so I'm excited to see them. I'm meeting the girls for dinner tomorrow night! Yay! FRIDAY the 27th is my chat at 2 Jills... and I know that will be a great time.
My niece Neely will be back in the states by tomorrow. Her and the band have been on another European Tour. Tilly and the Wall
Can't wait to see her, when she gets back. We dont get to see Ryan(my nephew) as often now that he's living in Denver, but Wes(our son) and a couple of his friends drove there over the weekend to take in a concert with Ryan and his room mate. It was a quick trip, but they had a great time. Ryan is so good about taking time to show them around the town.
That's wraping up the family and creative news, all in one! lol
Don't for get to put your name in for the Page Frame Giveaway! I'm drawing on Friday! They are so fun!!! I hope you win!!!! lol
It's a good sleep night... perfect rain... cloudy, alittle bit of thunder and lightening...zzzzzzzz




16 comments:

Deb S. said...

Oh vic, this is super cute! just goes to show you that when you are talented a $1.99 goes a long way! love those scallops so much too!

janel said...

That is so darling...and I love those papers too. I will have to check about that die at my lss....I have been cutting all my scallops by hand, or using my old scallop scissors...would love to run a piece of paper through the die cut and be done...I could have so much fun!
Great project! Amazing that you got that for a mere 1.99.

Catherine said...

Vic, this is just the coolest! I love the diff papers you used.....so awesome.

Shabbychick Junk said...

OVER THE TOP COOL! YOU ARE AWE-INSPIRING!

Jessrose21 said...

Mmm, pink and green! It doesn't get any better than that! I love the pompom fringe. For some reason it reminds me of my grandmother's house.

Nat said...

oh wow - what a cute house!

Tam said...

Absolutely adorable Vicki!

HB said...

ooooo' I can just see this filled with little jars of treasures! Uber cute, Vicki, UBER cute!!

Lucy (aka scrapperqueen) said...

I love that..looks great

Sugar Bear said...

The house is just adorable! Great job. You are so inspirational.
Karla

Scrapthatpaper said...

O my gosh Vicki that house is INCREDible! I love what you have done with it.. SOO cute!!

Looking forward to your chat on 2jills!! WOO HOO

Holly

Nicole Seitler said...

Oh, my!!! How lovely. I just adore what you've done with the place. ;)

Michelle M White said...

That house is just the CUTEST, CUTEST thing ever!!!
How fun!

Helle Greer said...

I'm speechless...
If you don't know what to do with it, you have my adress lol
hugs,
helle

Kara Ward said...

When I saw this, my mouth fell open. I bought a doll house shelving unit a Michaels to do the same thing. Oh...how I loved how yours turned out. It makes me want to get mine finished. So very inspiring. Kara Ward

MJ said...

I've been scrolling thru some of your earlier posts & just had to comment that this is such a cute shelf! I love what you did with it! So much fun!