Monday, April 30, 2007

And the week begins

I started the morning off by meeting the mail carrier at the door with my new Scrapmuse kit... and Ohhhh La la... it's a good one, for sure. They always are.. but this one is looking very fun... lots of new interesting goodies to try out.

After that Deb called and said she was making a run to Michael's , and wanted to know if I wanted to go? um.... yep!
I have a little altered project on my mind... so these are the pretties I picked out for it.

I also snagged a little bit of the new Martha Stewart stuff.
It was a quick trip, but we did take time for lunch at the China Buffet.. and it was yummy.
It was SO warm her today... almost hot. I am loving having the windows open so much, there is no way I'm thinking about turning on the air conditioning for some time. The windows have been closed all winter, and I'm enjoying the fresh air. Fans yes.. air con... no!
Below is a layout I did with Fancy Pants Papers of Wes coming home a couple of weekends ago. It not any spectacular pictures... but it's so "him", I had to scrap it. The journaling reads:
This photo wouldn't look like anything special to most people, but I love it, because it totally captures "you". Always, most comfortable with your guitar slung over your shoulder. Whether your coming home from the weekend, on your way to band practice, or off to perform, you are rarely without your guitar. This isn't something new... It's been this way since you first found your passion for music, years ago. Junior High, High School, the College years and now, still your always toting your guitar. Music is just a part of you... It's your Gig!

And just because I'm sure you all want to see my toity... lol , the paint is dry and the basics are back in. This is the upstairs restroom , we all most commonly use, to shower and get ready each day, so I want to keep it simple. Clutterless! The older I get , the more I like clean and simple . ( I still have my girly , foofy one .. so no worries) lol.











It's hard to tell the color well here,but it's called Safari.
The photos in the hanging frames are some that I took when we were in Bellingham WA. The colors in the photos match really well with the colors in the bathroom. And besides that ... it was just such a beautiful place... I love looking at them when I'm curling my hair. ( see, I told you .. I'm easy to please) lol
I hope you all had a great first day of the week!

9 comments:

Deb S. said...

oh your new project looks interesting....;) love the fabric. great lo of wes....can't wait to see your "wc" irl!! it looks great in the pics.

janel said...

Can't wait to see your new project. I absolutely love that layout of Wes. The way you used the chipboard and did the journaling is such a neat idea. Have a great week...really warm here too...I was also thinking it might be AC time.

Gypsy Purple said...

Sounds like a great day...

Michelle M White said...

You are THE busiest person I know! Love your "Martha" goodies. I had to buy some too! Love the layout of your son. (I like to see other people's "boy" pages!) Last of all...I love your bathroom!

MJ said...

I popped over here via Karla's Cottage & have been admiring your scrapbook pages. I have you listed on my favorites now (& should get my blog favorites list updated but I'd rather read & leave comments than maintain my blog!) so will pop by every so often!

s said...

vicki,
I am a luker on your blog - ready to reveal myself. I read your blog quite often - your mention of Bellingham really hit home. I have uncles that live there and have vistited often. It is a most beautiful place. Also, I made the green beans with feta and dressing ---awesome!!! I linked to your blog from Becky's.
- sandy pearson

Sugar Bear said...

Can't wait to see what you do with all that crafty wonderful haul!
Karla

FrenchGardenHouse said...

sigh, I gotta stop wanting every single thingie you use. It all looks wonderfully well, wonderful!!

Love the new bathroom. I am ready for partial unfoofing of some of my spaces, too. (Are we getting old?) or what???

Pattyjo said...

Your bathroom looks like it came out of a decorating magazine! Very pretty and comfortable!