Saturday, April 07, 2007

back in the day

I was thinking the other day, about how.. "back in the day" when the boys were little , I use to bake alot from scratch. ummm.... well, between the boys not being around, dan not eating sweets and me "not" needing the calories, I stopped.

I have so many cute cookie cutters, and the best sugar cookie recipe, so I decided I would break out the big bowl and whip some up.
I really did enjoy mixing up the cookies, and I enjoyed looking through all my cookie cutters, that I had forgotten I had.... but after that, I started to remember how much time it takes and how many dishes you have to wash! lol ( this nostalgic moment, is going down hill fast now)lol
No really, it was fun. I don't want to scare you off , just when I had you almost convinced to give them a try. They really are good! Here is my favorite Rolled Sugar cookie recipe.

Rolled Sugar Cookies
1 c sugar
1 c marg
3 T marg
1 teas milk
1 teas van
1 egg
3 c flour
1 1/2 teas baking powder
1/2 teas salt
Preheat 400
In large bowl combine first 4 ingredients. Stir in remaining ingredients, blend well. (Chill)
Roll and cut bake 5-8 min Time will vary, depending on thickness of cookie. I used a insulated cookie sheet so it takes a bit longer. ENJOY!


1 comment:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

The sugar sprinkles look so cute and tasty, even after I have stuffed myself with goodies all day!