Thursday, April 12, 2007

Paper flower greetings

After posting these online yesterday, I had a number of people ask about how to make them. As simple as they are, it was actually kind of hard to explain.. so I thought some photos would make it much easier. So I'm posting the directions here for those of you who were wanting them.


I start by cutting a piece of 3/16 inch wooden dowel about 12 inches long.


I then paint the dowels with green acrylic paint, and a foam brush. Using a piece of foam to hold it while it dries is helpful... especially it you are doing a number of them at one time. Don't worry about the little bit that you stick in the foam ,not being painted, it will be covered by the flower.


The flower I have here is quite large. I used a 12x6 piece of paper. You can make them any size. I would do one out of a piece of scratch paper first, to get an idea of the size you like best. This was even a bit larger than the ones I showed yesterday.



Then you are going to fold it back and forth , like making a fan. the width of these folds is about
1/2 inch.


Make sure your folds on each end , are as shown, with the last fold like this. It will make them look nice, when putting them together. If you need to trim one fold off, to make this happen, that's fine.





Then tie a thin ribbon around the middle, and tie it tight in the back.
You will want to make sure its in the MIDDLE. To make sure it's in the middle. Pull the two ends up to meet. They should meet at the edge evenly.




Once you are sure they are going to meet up correctly at the edge. Use strong double sided tape to connect them on both sides. I use Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Photo tape
It's strong and holds really well.



Then I use hot glue to attach my stick in the back. Try to glue and insert the stick in to one of the folds for extra reinforcement.
Then trim off the ribbon ends

I hot glue a button in the center of the flower and add a ribbon and a little tag greeting with a stamped message on it. I attached mine with a colored safety pin.


I thought these would be so fun to have around just to give out to cheer a friend, a thankyou, get well, birthday, ect... They could be stuck in a planter, or they would be great to give someone for thier desk at an office, teacher gift, ect...
Anyway... have fun creating!
And dont forget to put your name in for the giveaway... I'm drawing tomorrow morning!!!!!









23 comments:

DeniseLynn said...

Oh wow!! I love love love this. I've got to make some. Thanks for explaining it.

Tam said...

Thanks for the instructions. I am going to have to make some of these! They are so fun and festive!

Jackie said...

Thanks for posting the instructions! They are just adorable!

Deb S. said...

oh vic, these are so cuuuute!!! love 'em, i want a whole bokay! thanks for posting the great instructions.

cindyj said...

Thnaks so much for posting the instructions for your adorable flowers! That was so sweet of you! I will definitely be making some of these in the future! :)
Cindy

alteredaimee said...

I am so going to make some. It's snowing here, I am sooo in the mood for some springtime happy flowers. These will do the trick nicely! Thank you!

kristin said...

I just LOVE these!! Thanks for the directions. I am going o make some for my daughter's teachers.

Catherine said...

thanks for the directions......coolio!

Paula said...

I tried this several months ago by making the fan first. I could never get my flower to meet when I tried to tape the two sides. Now that you have posted I will have to try again. Maybe I did not cut my paper long enough. Thank so much for the great photos....

Robyn said...

Oh cool! I was making different paper flowers this a.m. So I'm going to add these to my bouquet! We are having a visit this weekend from Kristina Contes at the LSS where I work so I'm making these as decoration...thanks for ADDING this to my idea list! Cool!

Wendy said...

These are soooo pretty! Thanks so much for the directions, really helps to see the photos!

Lana said...

gorgeous flowers vicki!

ania said...

Very cool! Can't wait to try this myself :) Thanks!

Scrapthatpaper said...

WOW Thanks for the instructions!!

ale belerique said...

Thanks to teach us!!!
I love this!!!!
congrats :)

Pattyjo said...

I really love your tutorial for the flowers. I am going to try this. You make it look so easy.
I love the button centers!!!

2MiniSchnauzers said...

Thanks for sharing! Now I have to go and make some! LOL

Betty said...

these are great instructions...thanks for sharing

Gi Angelo said...

Vic this first time that i visit your blog but not the last definitely i love the step by step that flower wuaw so easy and so beauty!! Tks!!

alice said...

super
merci pour le tuto
je pense que je vais en faire une
bise

disa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲

3canvasart.com said...

Hi
Nice post
Thanks for sharing
Photo to Canvas | Canvas Art Gallery | Canvas Artwork