Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dinner at Neelys

We had such a nice time at Neely's last night. She has her place done up so cute and had made a wonderful dinner. Chicken and spinach lazonia, salad, garlic bread and lemon rasp cheese cheesecake.
She had also invited her parents and Grandma. So we picked Grandma up on the way to bring her with us. She came out carrying this beautiful boutique of peonies in this jar for Neely. It was so pretty! Neely loved it!


Here she is serving up dinner, from her cute little kitchen.
I had to share with you this dresser she altered. It's just amazing! When she was in my Work room last time she was here, I let her pick out some papers she liked, because she had a project in mind. I had now idea what she was working on,but look at this........................

Pretty impressive huh? She is getting a glass top for it, to protect it. It's pretty darn cool!
Here are some of the other darling things, gracing the walls of her sweet place.














In the hallway she has framed "Tilly" memorabilia... and it 's so fun to look at!
For those of you who are new to my blog, my niece is in a band called "Tilly and the Wall", and they are having great success. It's been so fun to watch them grow.

The other thing I was so tickled about was , the sweet girl had different canvases I've made her over the years hanging on her wall and sitting out. She even had a little dish sitting on her shelf that I made her in pottery class , way back when I was in junior high. She is an sentimental as her mama. lol







This bottom canvas was published in "Altered Arts" Magazine a couple of years ago. It's the largest canvas I've even done.
It was pretty late when we got home. We got caught up sitting around the table talking and laughing and before we new it , it was 10:30. It was after midnight before we got home. We laughed so hard , our faces hurt. It was a really, really nice evening! Thanks Neely!









8 comments:

Nat said...

That is awesome- but you know what- your artwork would be showing in my home too ;-)

Catherine said...

Dinnere sounds fab....and I love those peonies! I can't wait until mine are blooming like that!

Shabbychick Junk said...

Sounds like she got some of her Auntie's creative genes! BEAUTIFUL DRESSER! What a creative family you have! Can't wait for your blog entries, you inspire me every day!

Sugar Bear said...

THat dresser is awesome. Seems you definitely have some artistic and creative blood in your family!
Karla

janel said...

Yes, I agree...those artistic genes run in the family! How fun. Glad you had such a great time..and I love Grandma's peonies! Smell so darn yummy! Happy Monday to you!

Amy Teets said...

Wow! She's just as talented as her Auntie!!! Hey I tagged you on my blog, nothing you have to fill out though! LOL

Helle Greer said...

That dresser ROCKS... but so does those canvas's that you made her. LOVE them..
helle

Pattyjo said...

I would display those beautiful creations too! Wow! I am so glad I found your blog! I love your work!