Monday, May 07, 2007

etsy or not?

As some of you know... I've been tossing around the idea of starting an etsy shop. The deal is ... I just haven't had time to figure it all out and get it done. Thank you to those of you who have emailed me about purchasing certain projects. I've decided for now... that it's been working pretty well that way , with less stress and worry of major commitment...so... when I have things for sale, I'll just post them , and if there is anything you're interested in .. just shoot me an email.
For those of you who have been asking about the wine totes..they have both sold, but I'll hoping to have a couple more done up soon.

Here are some tags I've been working on. All of the tags have been done with some sort of inking technique , before they were altered.

They are $5 each and I'll pay the postage You can email me at vickichrisman@hotmail.com

This tag was inked with "Bolivian Blue" glimmer mist. The images is Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage. Techniques used... stamping , inking , stitching.
The floral tag was first inked with"Playful Peony" Glimmer mist". The floral image is Crafty Secrets . Vintage lace, heart pin , stitching , and iridescent glitter added to the flower edges and center.

This bird images is also Crafty Secrets. A ink and rocksalt technique was first done on this tag.
Stamping, machine and hand stitching , lace flower, charm , pin.
"Fond Remembrance" tag was sprayed with "moss green" Glimmer Mist. Images and stamps from "Crafty Secrets" Stitching, vintage button and trim.


This sweet little birdie, is of course my favorite Crafty Secrets Stamps from the Bird Set. This tag was first colorwashed. The scalloped paper behind is vintage sheet music. The image is stamped on cotton. Stitching, vintage trim, gems in crown, heart pin, vintage button, hand stitching.

"Frolic", this fun little tag was first sprayed with a variety of Glimmer Mist colors, backed with Corrugation, and stamped with Crafty Secrets Eiffel tower and SU clock stamp. Gold star charm, and chain.
Hope all of you had a great weekend! It was very stormy here , most of the weekend ,but I feel good because I got a lot done inside. Before I know it there are going to be lots of things coming up , so I needed to get a jump on things around here.
Classes to prepare for ... are top priority now, because next month I'll be going to "The Great American Scrapbook Convention" in TX with Crafty Secrets. and before you know it CHA will be here.
All I can say, is it's a good thing I love what I do! lol
Enjoy the day.. my friends and family!!!!






7 comments:

Nicole Seitler said...

Etsy. Yes. Etsy is wonderful. You should totally have a shop there. It's so easy, you'll be sad you didn't join sooner... ;)

Catherine said...

Oh, I just love your tags! Etsy is easy peasy lemon squeezy.....if you can blog you can etsy!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I have wondered back and forth about Etsy too. The people who do it seem to love it. I just don't know. I've sold from my blog too, but I wonder if we'd do better on Etsy?? Oh well, I am thinking about it....

I love the way you can go from bright and graphic to elegant and simple to time washed and vintage, a really nice range of styles! I enjoy checking out what you are up to!

janel said...

I think Etsy would be a great fit for you...of course, I love everything you do...!
Those tags are darling!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Great tags, Vicki!

I am going to the ricer post now, that looks intriguing!
Hope you are having a happy day today.
Lidy

Sugar Bear said...

You should give Etsy a whirl. I'm looking into it myself and everyone says it is easy. The tags are gorgeous!
Karla

Pattyjo said...

I am quickly becoming one of you #1 fans! I sent you an email to buy some of your tags. I can't wait to get one!