Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Give-a-way and fun stuff

I was planning to blog earlier this morning ,but then I decided I just had to finished I couple of new (CHA release) things to share with you...but before that ... I just have to say thanks to all of you who read, comment and send me emails... as I've said many many times, I never thought I would have a blog, and now I've met so many fantastic friendly and talented people through having a blog, I just cant believe it. You guys are the best!

And then I also want to say THANKS to my talented friend Amy Teets for picking me for her "Most inspiring scrapper". Now I have to pick my most inspiring scrapper... that would have to be Catherine Matthews-Scanlon. The girl just blows me away!

DRAWING
Alot of you have been asking me about the projects I have done using "Glimmer Mist" from "Tattered Angels". I really love the look of this stuff. It's hard to explain or to really show in a photo the "shimmery look"... I wish I could. It s gorgeous!
I sprayed some tags , tied them up with some vintage ribbon , attached a charm.... and I'm going to give it away to whoevers name is drawn on Friday.
Just comment here, or send me an email, and your in the drawing! ( your name going in as many times as you comment this week) Just be sure to check back on Friday, to see who's name is drawn, okay.
OKAY>... now here is what I wanted to share with you! These are two of the new CHIPBOARD
outfits Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage is releasing at CHA. They come as a bare chipboard sheet , with a number of changeable chipboard pieces, like , collars, buckles , tags, ect. Right now there is a boy set or a girl set, and they are both darling. They can be make into mini albums, cards, keepsakes, grandparent gifts, ect... and they can be free standing. I was thinking how fun it would be to do a garland for a child's room with the fronts, and spell out their name... hanging on a faux clothes line with clothes pins.

Here are some close ups








I used my tracing wheel for the faux stitching. ( I just can stop doing that!) lol


All of the papers I used were from the "Pastel Paper Pad" from "Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage". Even the lace you see on the dress is from the edge of one of the papers. (look real huh?)

The stickers I used to embellish with , are from Crafty secrets also.
The darling little kiddos in photos belong to my dear friend Kinzie. What cuties huh?
Well, you saw it here...the first sneak peek if the Chipboard outfits from Crafty Secrets!
The other thing I've been meaning to tell you about is these aprons my blog Friend MJ is making with Vintage fabric. OH... MY ...they are Amazing. I already have my order in for that pink one. I had this idea to hang it on my work room wall and use the pockets to put things in... like tags ect. If you like them ...shoot her an email, She takes orders. I know this first hand! lol
Here is her blog MJ's Sputterings

Have a super day!






29 comments:

D@nielle said...

Oh Vicky so glad I came across your blog these chipboard girls/boys clothes are soo cute !

janel said...

D---arling! And you did such a wonderful job on them......CUTE! Have a great week.

bethtrue said...

Vicki - those outfits are so cute! Love them! also count me in as someone intrigued with those glimmer sprays - seems like a lot of potential creative uses!

as always - i admire your creations- thanks for sharing with us! have a great day!

Beth (mommy to a busy 3 3/4 year old)

MJ said...

Those chipboard outfits (including the materials) are the cutest! I'll have to watch for them on ebay because I know I won't be able to get them here! (My dh is delighted I can't easily access them ~ less $$ spent on scrapbooking the better in his estimation!)

Catherine said...

Awesome job as usual Vic!! THANKS, you made my day....read my post!

Scrapbook WithVanilla said...

Vicki!!!! So way cute!!! Love those little clothes chipboards!! Gorgeous :)
All the best :)

Kara Ward said...

Oh, I just want to hang out on your lawn and watch the clothes dry. They are so cute. I could see them on altered hangers in a little girl's room. Oh, I wish my girl was little still.

Count me in on the spray. I saw them at Red Lead in St. Louis. I have been kicking myself that I didn't pick them up. Silly Me.

Kara Ward

Jessrose21 said...

Those little chipboard outfits are too cute for words! They remind me of the fabric dresses in Somerset Life, which I loved.

Nat said...

Ohhh wow- those are too cute!!!

HB said...

ADORABLE! Although, I would be ecstatic if the little outfits came already decorated ala' Ms.Chrisman!!! lol You always flip me out with your creations Vicki!

Amy Teets said...

Ok, those are the cutest!!! and that spray...interesting! LOL @ decorated ala' Ms. Chrisman! No doubt there!!

Deb said...

Vicki,
You are so talented. I really want to try the glimmer mist. It is definitely on my "to try" list. Thanks for all of the inspiration.

Deb

Carolyn said...

I just found your blog through craft critique and I am so glad I did! Those chipboard baby clothes are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

DeniseLynn said...

Wow - those chip board outfits are so adoreable!!! You are so creative. I want to find out more about that spray so I'd better get to my little stamp store up the street a ways.

kamart said...

Hi, Vicky....the chipboard outfits are so cute! You are very creative.
The glitter spray looks to be a neat way to dress up some ordinary paper....think I may have to check into this!
I enjoy your blog....and stop by every couple of days to see what you are doing!!

My Name is Nancy Grant and I am... said...

What an inspiring blog! Your art is amazing. I found you on Maria's blog, posting "Rainy Day Pick Me Up". Beautiful!

Amy said...

Wow. How adorable are these? You had me from the start, but when I scrolled down to the photo with them opened up...

doverdi said...

Those chipboard baby boy/girl clothes are so adorable. Your work is just amazing. So creative. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon in NE said...

They are just adorable. Love the pic of them hanging outside.

Skye said...

These are so friggin' cute! I love that you used the tracing wheel on them too. That is the most clever trick I have seen in a long time!

StaceyM said...

Girl, you have rocked it once again. You never cease to amaze me with what you come up with!!! You are just so inspiring. I love the way that you always can see the flip side of things. I'm trying my best to open my eyes to all possibilities and you are the one that makes this happen. Thanks for being you.

angel said...

Oh, so cute!!!!
~Angel http://angel2stamp.wordpress.com/

Pattyjo said...

Those are so adorable! I have never seen these before and I can tell they will be a huge hit! Just adorable!!!

CAKVD said...

OMG! Those clothes on the clothesline are so sweet! I've never seen anything like them before! CUTE!
Cheryl KVD

Mel said...

These are just adorable!!!

scoopy said...

These are darling! Great work!

Linda SS said...

Super cute little clothes...I love your creative & fun blog!

Scrapthatpaper said...

These are SOOOOO Stinking cute!!! Love them

Eleanor said...

These are so adorable! I love all your creative displays on your blog. Thanks for sharing.