Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Playing with buttons again!

I admit it ... I have a strange fixation with buttons. I LOVE old buttons , but even new buttons are fun. The old ones seem to each have a story of their own to tell. I love when I can actually remember a dress or coat my mom wore ,just from seeing the button. Buttons used to be so unique and distinct. The new ones, just don't have the character of the old ones, but the colors are sure bright and cheery.

Ok, so here's what I was busy doing with my pile of buttons. These are little flower magnets for the fridg or magnet board. Pretty papers, magnetic sheets ,buttons and my rock'n AccuCut! Wha la! What fun!

They are laid out drying ,but eventually they will be packaged and for sale, so check back if you think you might like some.

The only problem with this project for me ...was that I get so distracted looking at the buttons, it takes me all day! lol It's kind of like pulling out a box of photos to find a certain one... Yeah right. 3 hours later... you've forgotten what you were looking for. lol But as always... you enjoy the journey!


see you tomorrow!



12 comments:

chelemom said...

What a clever idea! Love them!

~missprissme said...

I have a couple of button boxes myself. Ditto, love these. How did you make the paper flowers? Did you use diecut and xyron?

Ruth said...

Oh those flower magnets are so darn cute, love them. I love old buttons too.

HB said...

SUPER Adorable Vicki! What a fun way to dress up a fridge!!

Elizabeth said...

I am a button hoarder.... Love to buy them, collect them, find them, but never use them. But THIS, this simply fabulous, cute little project, is on my to-do list now!!! thanks!

janel said...

So bright and cute...I am impressed that your "old" buttons are colorful...all my buttons from my mom's jar are dark brown, black, and some white and red...almost no lighter colors....Those flowers are darling. Glad you had fun making them..have a great day!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Cheerful and fun!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

cute cute cute!!

Hope you have a happy weekend, Vicki.

Tam said...

OMG! Those are adorable! What a great idea!!!!

bettybetty said...

You are not alone. I have a HUGE industrial restaurant size pickle jar full of buttons and just find them everywhere. Once I covered my telephone with buttons and my shoes. Love your button idea!betty

bettybetty said...

Did the AcuCut cut the magnets?

Pattyjo said...

I want to buy some of your button flowers...where do I go?