Friday, May 11, 2007

Preparing for classes

Today , I'm wrapping up the week ,finishing up a project for a upcoming class and working on class kits. The class will be one of two , Jan and I will be teaching at
"Scrap your heart out" in Lincoln. They will both be Page Frame Classes. One a "Dad" theme in a 8x8 frame for Fathers Day and this one... which I'm hoping with the saying.. can be used for a variety of things, family, sisters, girl, friends, ect. This on is a 12x12 frame.

I used the "oh so fun"11 1/2" scallop AccuCut die on the background , and also the flower dies , for the flowers that are attached to the front of the frame.
The dies I used are
Square Scalloped 11 1/2" SQ704G
Itty -Bitty-Flowers #3 Z1Bo7o
Flowers #6 F1445LC

I wanted to incorporate fabric into this. so some of the flowers are cut from felt and I used fabric instead of ribbon to hang it with.

This photo was taken by my brother-in-law Keith of all us sisters a couple of years ago.
left to right, it's me, Sharon , Donna and then Jan. It was taken on our front porch. As much as I don't like photo of myself, I do think it's so important to have photos like this... I treasure it!



I took close up shots to make it easier to see. I love natural light so I take allot of of my photos outside, but it's a beautiful sunny day here, and I kept getting a glare on the acrylic fame, when I did it as a whole... so here are some closer shots.
The large pink flower is cut from felt.

We'll use a lot of different things in this class. The faux stitching with the tracing wheel, dry brushing with paint, stamping and inking with "Glimmer Mist".


The pom poms along the bottom were all white,but I wanted a bit of pink, so I lighting misted them with the "Glimmer Mist" Peonie color ..and really like the effect.

"Glimmer Mist" was used on the manilla tag, before the saying was stamped on.


I think this class will be fun... if you are in the Lincoln area, and are interested, I'll post more info later on the times ,but the date will be Saturday June 2 .
Jan is designing the other frame, so I'll get photos and share that soon! She always does beautiful work , so I know it was be gorgeous!


Ok... gotta tell you this much... my fun mail week continued today!!! Look at the fun goodies my friend Cat sent me! I'm so lucky!!! Thanks Kitty!


Have a super weekend everyone!






8 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Great piece! I wish I could attend class!
Karla

Jessrose21 said...

I love all the pinks on this page! Your attention to detail is what I really enjoy...the pompom fringe, tracing wheel, buttons. Just curious, how long did it take you to think up and put together this intricate page?

Catherine said...

I just love all the Accucut stuff..... that project is beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. you rock.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

The pink page is so dainty and sweet. Just like I said before, I never know what I'll see from you, you are so good at doing different looks. Just a couple days ago, funky, retro looking flower power and today sweet, vintage lovelies!

Some day, I just might drive up to take a class, I think I'd get a lot out of it.

janel said...

oh, and I would love a road trip to Lincoln one of these days....wouldn't that be so fun? Beautiful work! Love the pink paint!

Tam said...

WOW! Your work is stunning!

Kara Ward said...

I love the layout for your class. Lucky students! That yellow Daisy D paper is one of my all time favorites. I am also a lover of pom pom ball fringe. The silly things that make me so happy. Kara

Pattyjo said...

The pink flower you made with the button center is "Off the charts" Beautiful! Geeze...it all so beautiful!!!