Friday, May 18, 2007

Switch-O-Change-O

I couldn't sleep last night, so stayed up late and worked on an idea I've had in my head for some time. I a couple large (16x20) canvas's left over from a class I did over a year ago, and it was time to use them for SOMETHING! lol I have been wanted to do something different to hang in my room , and I LOVE the saying I used before on the clipboard... so I'm replacing this canvas with that clipboard. lol It's bigger and looks more proportionately appropriate for the space on the wall.
So the idea I had in my mind , was to use a canvas ... in the reverse. So this is the "backside" of the canvas. I love the framed in look, and the other thing is the front of the canvas is white ,and the backside is a natural canvas color...even better for me... so this is the finished project.


Do you ever find something you love and use it over and over again? Um... well that is the issue I have with making these flowers! lol It's ridiculous! lol I looked back in my files and over the last two years, I think I've used some from of this flower alteast 2 dozen times. Ok... so one last one, to hang in my room... and I'm done! Promise! (she says with her fingers crossed behind her back!) lol
It was fun to do a easy whimsy project... kind of like doodling on a phonebook... it's just therapeutic.

It's the weekend again ALREADY... Wow! That week just few buy! I have some fun things to share with you next week ,and I'm planning a giveaway, starting Monday... so see you then.
Enjoy the weekend!


13 comments:

Deb S. said...

awww vic, i LOVE this i really do! what a good idea, you are a clever girl! love the sweet tiny pom-poms!!!! great saying....

Catherine said...

VERY awesome! love it. Hope you're feeling better today!

KimmyS said...

Can I say:
OH.
MY.
WORLD.

Not only have you ROCKED the 7Gypsies - that Canvas is just brilliant!

Tam said...

OMG Vicki! Absolutely beautiful!

Ruth said...

Wow now that is an awesome idea. Love it.

StaceyM said...

Oh my goodness girl. I love this idea. I really need to start looking at things in a different way. You are very clever. I hope you don't mind if I lift this idea from you and invert a canvas. I love it!!!

HB said...

Vicki, you are one fabulous "think outside the box" kinda girl! The frame ROCKS!

MJ said...

Cute picture! Great idea to use the canvas backwards!!

susan j said...

Vicki, don't stop doing what you are doing!! This is absolutely stunning!! So are all the other images here on your blog!!

I LOVE that ATC below!! YUM!!

janel said...

Love it of course...it's Vicki! Hope you are feeling well!

DeniseLynn said...

Fabulous idea!!! You've got me thinking now. The flower is so fun - I don't care if you use flowers for everything - flowers are BEAUTY set before us.

Kara Ward said...

Oh, I love this. Great saying...fabulous ribbon. What a find! Some day I want to try to make a canvas. Still a little scared. Kara

Pattyjo said...

Your awesome! That is the most amazing design ever! Your home must be so beautiful!