Monday, June 18, 2007

Altered mailbox

Since I'm in the process of having my computer re formatted, and my camera software is not installed on this one, I'm digging into the achieves again.
I decided I'd share this altered mail box I did for "Scrapbook Answers Magazine", when I was on their DT.


It was an assignment they had requested I do, otherwise I don't know that it's anything I would have done on my own. It was fun and I was happy with the way it turned out , for the most part, but it's not like I could really put it outside, and it was pretty big... so using it in my studio was a bit of a problem. I was thrill to have it go to a good home and get lots of use. I sold it to a Scrapbook Store in Kansas City, who was going to use it at their front desk, for their store newsletters , ect.
I primed and painted(inside and out), a full size aluminum mail box from Manards. The papers are Anna Griffin and the Chipboard flowers are Fancy Pants (big board chipboard). I attached them all (both sides) with not glue, and then added the sequins and buttons with Diamond Glaze. There we holes drilled along the bottom of the mailbox on both sides...and I wasn't sure what to do about them. The easy solution was to plug em up with matching brads.lol

I might have to dig into the achieves again tomorrow ,...until the computer doctor (Jarad) is finished working his magic.
I never thought being without a computer would rock my world , like it does! Oh Boy!
Have a super night! Feels so good here tonight, I even turned of the air conditioning! Ah... love having the windows open!


8 comments:

janel said...

What fun! Love those bright flowers. Hoping Jared gets your computer up and running like you need/want it! Enjoy your open windows...July will soon be here! Great project Vick!

Penny said...

I used to get Scrapbook Answers until they went under, which I was pretty bummed about. I loved that mailbox - I thought it was very cool, but of course realized how impractical it was. Glad you found a nice home for it.

Elizabeth Royalty said...

sort of on, sort of off topic... i miss SA... *sob* and *sigh* There is just no other scrappin' mag for me...

Nat said...

I so loved this in SA- this is such a beuatiful project!

Pattyjo said...

That is soooooo darling! I just love the flower design and you have been in so many magazines! You must have laughed when I said, You should be published!

Taylor VanBruggen said...

This is so cute! I bet it put the neighbor's mailbox to shame while you had it! LOL! Glad you found a good home for it and here's hoping your computer is back up and running soon!

MJ said...

I have always told my dh: you can unplug the phone but don't touch my computer during the day! It is my primary method of communication aside from inperson communication! Amazing how things have changed!

Incidentally, K really likes your mailbox! LOL

melissa c said...

Oh MY! That pink & green mail box is just darling!! :)

mcc