Sunday, June 24, 2007

Catching up!

First of all... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET SISTER JAN!!! I hope your day is fantastic!!

Super Busy weekend around here. Both Boys are home and have been in and out with friends. It's "Old Settlers weekend" ...which is a big yearly event for the small two up the road. I always laugh because , when they set up the carnival, it's just set up right in the middle of the road. lol
If we follow the gravel road we live on , right into town.. it turns to pavement, and RIGHT THERE.. you guessed it..CARNIVAL. The first year we lived here, I was like..."What"??? The road just ends and we have a carnival??? Now it just tickles me. They have a entire weekend of events, carnival, parade, dance , beer garden, farmers market ect.
I was in Omaha over the week for a bit , visiting friends and doing some shopping. It's been a nice weekend, but boy has it gone by fast.
I didnt have much time in my room to create but...

Here is a card I did (before the crazy weekend started) using Crafty Secrets papers, stamps and Cotton Images.
I know birds are so popular right now, but I've loved birds for years. I think I get it from my mom, she has always loved birds.





Last week I had gotten some fresh sunflowers to put in a big vase on the table. They were just so pretty when the light was shining on them. I had to take some quick shots.



I ended up really liking how they turned out s0.....




When I was at Sam's Club this weekend , I got them printed off in 8x10



Because I decided I wanted to mount them on chipboard and hang a number of them in the hallway on these pants hangers. I have wanted to do this with either some photos or some layouts , since the first time I saw it done. I love the look. I love the idea of being able to change them out, according to the season ect...
I have also decided I'm going to alter one of these pants hangers for a Fancy Pants layout I'm working on.
I'm going to through one of those times when I have the ideas, but not the time. ggrrr... With CHA just around the corner, things are going to get busy... so I need to not let my creative mind wander...and take me off track. LOL OH trust me ,this happens alot! It doest even have to me my "Creative" mind... just MY MIND in general! lol

I wanted to show you a couple of fun things I found over the weekend .(on sale ..of course)
"on sale" is what make it FUN! I'm always looking for a bargin. It's the thrill of the hunt, I think. lol
I got a couple of these dress form things ( $3) ... to ALTER of course. I'm thinking they are screaming "Crafty Secrets Hearwarming Vintage"!!! I cant wait to break out my AccuCut dies, and have at it.
(After I finish all my other things... I know!) lol
And I also found this cool mirror for ($3.20). I wish you could see the beautiful robins egg blue it is.
Oh,... and I just have to share some of the photos I took of my friend Johns Corvette for him. He is getting ready to sell it , so I was just going to take a few shots for that purpose, but I thought it would be fun for him to have some cool ones to keep. They turn out pretty nice , so when I was getting my other photos developed at Sam's Club, I had some the coolest ones, made into larger prints. He was bummed ,because after he saw the photos , and set them out, he said. "I'm not sure I want to sell it now". That kind of back fired huh? lol

I'm not into cars at all, but I have to say..riding in this is pretty fun! T top off , great CD playing, sunny day...yep fun!...
I better end my playtime now... lots to do around there, and tomorrow Deb and I are taking Jan( my sister) to lunch for her birthday. After that.. I better stay on task! lol
Hope you all hat a great weekend!










11 comments:

Deb S. said...

Oh Vic LOVE the photos of the sunflowers! They turned out so beautiful!!! I have had pants hangers forever trying to figure out what kind of photos to hang on them! Hmmmm I think I feel a lift coming on! ;) Looking forward to tomorrow with you and Jan!

Jami said...

OMG Vicki I love the photos on the pants hangers. That is such a cool idea and they will go perfect with my house. Looks like I am going pants hanger shopping. I LOVE you sunflowers, so very beautiful!!! You go girl!!!

~missprissme said...

Thanks for sharing your family journal with us.

Sharon in NE said...

gee whiz, is there something you're NOT good at?

MJ said...

The sunflower photos are stunning! What a lovely way to bring summer indoors!

Pattyjo said...

Your card is beautiful vicki! You just amaze me girl!

Nat said...

LOOOOOOOOveee the sunflowers- my favorite flowers and the birhtday card - that is amazing! Have a wonderful day with Jan!!!

Kirsi said...

I love the card, it's just so beautiful!

Deanna (DW) Shain said...

Love the pictures on the pants hanger....too cute!!! And where, oh where, did you find the fabulous little dress forms? I have been looking for one for my studio!!
"The carnival at the end of the street" sounds like a layout screaming to be created...and maybe even a title to a song!! LOL!

Sugar Bear said...

I love your bird card. The cotton images give off a really unique and classy look. The sunflower photos are beautiful - another fabulous idea.
Karla

Jessrose21 said...

I think this is my favorite card of yours, so far. My grandma is visiting me from England, so I had to brag on you a little and show her your blog. She absolutely loved it. :)