Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Different Inks

Today is a busy day.. trying to get things finished up and packed to leave tomorrow for and "Great American Scrapbook Convention" in Arlington TX , so I dug into the archives for this post. lol I decided to post some tags that were done for an "Inking" article in "Scrapbook Answers Magazine" back when I was on the Design Team.
It was about working with different inks, so each tag was done in a different way, using techniques with different kinds of inks.

The first one was done on a painted chipboard flourish. The flower was done by stamping on paper using a VersaMark pad. #1 VersaMark
This one was just done with basic Dye Bases inks #2 Die Based Inks

This one with is #3 Heat Embossed. All the peices of the flower were stamped and heat embossed , and some of the pieces of the flower where cut out and raised ,by using mounting tape.

This one was an example of using #4 Walnut Ink.



This was an example of using #5 Chalk Inks

#6 is a sample of using Alcohol Inks I used a transparency to show the effect of Alcohol inks and how the adhere to non porus surfaces.
And the last one is #7 Using Pigment Inks


Boy , I really miss "Scrapbook Answers". I loved the time I had with them. I had fun and learned alot. Thankful for the experience of it all!
Well, I'm sure it will be a few fun, but very busy days coming up. I'll miss you all ,but I'll be back next Sunday to share lots of photos and tell you all about it! Have a super week! Hugs!






14 comments:

DeniseLynn said...

Oh these are all so nice - Have I told you latel that your work is so yummy! I am such a fan.

And the rest of the week without you is going to be B O R I N G! I am so additcted to your blog that I'll be having withdrawals so hurry back and post something asap. *giggle*

Sugar Bear said...

Have a great trip!
Karla

Helle Greer said...

I totally remember these tags, from the BEST magazine that was ever out there, I was so sad to when it was gone.
smiles,
helle

V said...

You're going to be at GASC? Oh my! I'll try to keep my stalking to a minimum. I promise. :)

V

Pattyjo said...

You are such an awesome artist! Everything you touch is golden!

MJ said...

What an informative post! It is fun to look at all the various inks/techniques that you used in your projects and then contemplate how much bigger a craft area I would need to store all that stuff (or, more realistically, horde that stuff until it dries out & I can then throw it out LOL!) Enjoy your trip! I'll go thru withdrawal too so post soon!

Sharon in NE said...

sniff...my brother and sister-in-law just live a few miles from there and my niece and her family as well...

I have a GPS, I'd better come with you.

Ila said...

These are all gorgeous! I love the alcohol inks. This inspires me to use them more.

Kara Ward said...

Have a great time in Texas...if you see a booth called the 2 Scrappy Sisters. They are sisters and they are my friends. Give them a hug for me. Be safe and and most of all have fun. kara

Michelle M White said...

I just loved that magazine! Why do the good ones get canceled?!?

Pattyjo said...

I hope your having fun! I know all the ladies your with are really enjoying themselves and learning so much. Miss you blogging!

KimmyS said...

Wonderful tags - I especially love the walnut stained one

KimmyS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gypsy Purple said...

These are atunning!!!