Friday, June 15, 2007

Page Frames Clear Albulm

I finished my Page Frames Clear album today, so I can finally share.
I cant even begin to tell you how fun and this clear album was to do. Really interesting and different ... I loved it.
I did mine with a "home" theme. I used photos I've taken since we moved out of town to the country. As excited as a was to move to the new house, I was SO attached to old house in town. It had so many memories. The only house we had ever lived in. Where our kids grew up, and the house we called home for over 20 years. (I'm weirdly sentimental that way) lol I missed the old house for quite some time...until we started to build new memories here, and now this totally feels like HOME. I love living in the country and can't even imagine myself living in town again.


I used transparencies, rubons and black sharpies , alot in this book and they all worked well. Super easy to incorporate.
I used dimensional foam letters (thickers) on the front cover.
Here is a side view of the album open. I used metal rings to hold it together.

I took photos of two sides at one time, so if you want to be able to see it bigger, I didn't size the photos , so if you chick on them , you'll be able to see them larger.


If you want to see other samples of the clear albums , you can see them on the Page Frames blog or on in the Page Frames Gallery.
I love the way, you can see parts of one page through the other.
I used Hambly prints , and my circle punch to make the page on the left.

I figured out something that works really well, if you like gems. Instead of fighting with gluing them on your projects with a clear adhesive, buy the little gems that teenage girls use to decorate their cell phones, ect. They are already sticky on the back, you just peel and stick.
I have been finding them at the $ store.

For adhesives , that hold tight and don't show, I found that Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, PHOTO TAPE works Fantastic! ( plus , I love the way this company does so much for "The Breast Cancer Foundation", and for "Make a Wish")!!
lol, I love this photo of my little squirrel friend , who drinks from my birdbath everyday.

If your interested in doing an album of your own, you can order them here

I am going to a wedding tomorrow ,and all , Iv'e been able to think about since I started working on this album.. is how I want to do a wedding album with the photos I take tomorrow. lol
My favorite part of this album , was going back and adding this little details, like these wings around the word "beauty".

It always, seems like there are so many photos I have that I want to add and just can't , so I came up with this idea, after seeing these Photo CD Pockets. It works so slick..because it has a peel of sticky back. I added it to the last page to put a disk of other photo's of the house, inside and out. I thought it would be fun for the kids to look at someday down the road.
I just cut a piece of patterned paper to slide into the front.
If you make a clear album ( or any project using any of the Page Frames products), be sure to come over an upload it in the Page Frame gallery... cause we'd love to see it. And if it's inspiration your looking for ... check out the r0ck'n the gallery.













20 comments:

Jessrose21 said...

This is such a work of art, Vicki! I love the black and white cover and ribbon. The way you used the rub-on frames is so stunning. At first I thought they came on the pages!

janel said...

You album is more than beautiful. I would love to touch it and see it IRL. Love it. Haven't started mine yet..almost afraid to begin. Haven't decided what photos I want to use. Love your theme..and your photos are beautiful, and the Hambly is perfect. So so special.
Enjoy the wedding!

KardKrazy said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous. What a treasure and keepsake!

MJ said...

Lovely! jessrose21's words are ditto'd here: stunning...

Michelle said...

Vicki, what an awesome little album! =) Love it! and the pictures in and around your home are gorgeous!

susan j said...

Vicki I lOVE what you have done with this album!! Beautiful!!

Nat said...

wow- this is so amazing- Love this totally!

Catherine said...

oh my gosh I am so in love with these albums! You made this look so great, love love love it!

Jami said...

OMG Vicki this is amazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE the album.

Jill said...

This is stunning! Just beautiful!

Jill said...

I love your blog...and just realized you are from Nebraska!!!! So am I!!!! Such a small world.

Elizabeth Royalty said...

Oh My! This is so beautiful and stunning and perfect! A perfect combination of fun and elegance!

alteredaimee said...

Gorgeous! Completely and totally amazing!

ScrapScene said...

I love that - it is just gorgeous!

Kathy said...

I LOVE the clear albums! I keep trying to talk myself into ordering one. LOL! Yours turned out BEAUTIFUL! How fun!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

that is one of the prettiest albums ever!

SOINSPIRED said...

It's incredibly beautiful. I've never seen one like it.

Helle Greer said...

You totally rocked this album, love everything about it.
Smiles,
helle

Kath W said...

Just Beautiful!

Chris said...

wow beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!