Thursday, June 21, 2007

Yummy Muffins

When things get a little too hectic , I know it's time for me to just take a step back , to get things in perspective again. This is usually when I walk out of my studio and work in my flowers or head for the kitchen. I used to love to bake ,now that the boys aren't around much , on top of the fact Dan doesn't eat sweets and I done "need" them... well.. I just don't do it as much. I love too though.. it just feels homey. Same with working in my flowers, or putzing around that house , changing things out ,for the season, or setting up new little vignettes.
I know I've posted my moms blueberry muffin recipe before, but it's been a while so , here it is. They are the best I've ever tasted, and so easy!

The fresh blueberry, looked so yummy yesterday, I had to get some.

Mom's Blueberry Muffins

2 cups flour
2 teas baking powder
1/2 teas salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup marg
2 eggs
1 teas vanilla
1/2 c milk
2 cups blueberries

I sprinkle with cinn and sugar.

Bake 375 for 25 min
makes 1 doz

I always make a double batch..because they freeze really well.

Yesterday, I got a layout picked up for the November issue of Scrapbook Trends , so I make another one from last month ScrapMuse Kit to replace it in the gallery.
It's little sweetie pie , Kirstyn. My brother Dans, little grandaughter. Is'nt she a doll?


Okay, I have been BAD about mentioning my family and friends birthdays. BAD Vicki!
My nieces, Kiley, Amber and Carrie ,all had June Birthday, along with my sister-in-law Lori, My Sweet Cousin Myrna, and my friend Janel. My sister Jan's birthday is Sunday. Deb and I are going to Lincoln to take her to lunch. And today is my sweet Neely's birthday!
This is a photo of her and I , (about 2 years ago)



Happy Birthday everyone!!! ( and you too, if you have a June "B" day!!)

I love you Neely Jo!!!




9 comments:

Pattyjo said...

Thank you...I had a Birthday June 16th. Do I look any older??
LOL
I'm glad you have so many good friends to spend time with. I love your picture! You are a very pretty lady!

Taylor said...

Thank you for the yummy recipe! My husband loves Blueberry Muffins and he thanks you already! Hopefully I can find time to make them Saturday morning! He will be so surprised! :)

Deb S. said...

those muffins sound good and i'm sure they are if the recipe is from you or your mom! yum! looking forward to going to lincoln!

SOINSPIRED said...

Thank you sharing that recipe. I'm printing it out and putting in my new recipe binder. I Love blueberry everything.

MJ said...

Yummy looking muffins! I'll email the recipe to me!

Incidentally, I forgot to mention in my earlier posting that the chocolate cake recipe posted has a baking temperature of 325 degrees F.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I always enjoy a yard work break. And try to make muffins once a week or so. Fresh hot muffins and flowers picked from the yard will get you through any studio dilema!!

HB said...

Oh, those muffins look totally YUMMY! as does the new page!!

Nat said...

ohhh I love blueberry muffins. Thank you! Huge hugs!

alteredaimee said...

Those blueberries are gorgeous!!! The recipe sounds divine I am definitely going to try it. The layout is soooo very cute. Happy first day of summer~Aimee