Thursday, July 26, 2007

Catching up

Ohhh... Love me some Glimmer Mist! Now that I'm getting things caught up, I'm going to PLAY with my goodies! Between what I had and what Wendy so generously shared with me.. I'm getting quite a collection of colors... and believe me , I'm going to try them ALL! These days, I don't feel like a project is finished unless it gets a spritz of this stuff! lol
If you want to see some cool projects done with Glimmer Mist , check out the Tattered Angels Gallery.
I picked up some of my fun new dies from AccuCut today! YAY!... and I'm in Chipboard heaven!
I'm not much on doing layouts about myself but , this was for a specific project. The papers , stamps and chipboard are all NEW Fancy Pants. This is the "True" paper line and the "In My Words" stamps. Photo credit to Becky Novacek. She is an amazing photographer...you can check out her work on her blog here.
If there was ever a subject I would do a "all about me" layout on.. it would certainly be "time management". lol It's something I'm really working on.

I had lots of running to do today ...groceries, banking , all that. I stopped at my sweet mama's to see the new flooring she just had put down in her kitchen. It looks really nice, and I think she is really happy with it. I had stopped and picked up some lunch for us, so we had lunch and a nice chat. While I was there she gave me some more old photos her friend Mary had left for me. Mary is the nicest lady and knows I love to use old photos in altered projects. She recently moved to an assisted living and has been getting rid of alot of things. Her husband passed away years ago, and she has a number of these old photos that she has no idea who they even are... so she passed them on to me. Lucky me!
What is it about old photos???... I could just spend all day looking at them.
Aren't they cool?


CUTE or what???
I'm really enjoying them all! Thanks Mary!
Thats' it for "fun stuff" today...it goes down hill from there. lol Getting groceries is such a pain.
In the cart, out of the cart, in the bag, in the cart, out of the cart, in the car, out of the car, in the house, out of the bag, in the fridg....not to mention you have to pay for it and then cook it and clean it up! I find this process DRAINING! lol (esp when it's blistering HOT out side!)

Wonder why the guys didn't do this when I was gone???? ( trust me...we had a chat about this) grrr
No worries.. the Chrisman's will not starve..there "IS" food in the house again! lol
Now ...who's cooking?






11 comments:

janel said...

Oh Vicki..that is a Beautiful layout about you.....it is perfect! What a gorgeous photo too....Wow! Can't wait to see all that mist on your wonderful projects! I totally concur with the shopping, cooking thing...and I am so excited that our daughter has become my special shopper, and planner, and chef....I have been relegated to dishwasher..which is just fine with me! LOVE your blog...all the ideas, and your positive manner! Enjoy the day!

Deb S. said...

oh that is so nice that mary gave you all those darling photos. you will put them to good use i know. looks like you are going to have some fun with your new accu-cut dies and glimmer mist! what a stash you have! you deserve it that's for sure!
i sure wish my frig looked like yours, i must go to the store tomorrow!;(

Sharon in NE said...

I love the Time Management layout. I really think as much as you get done, you don't have any problems budgeting your time.

Now THAT is what a refrigerator is suppose to look like. Mine is virtually empty except for condiments, diet pop and yogurt. My son and his friends tried to make cookies last week only to discover the eggs had spoiled.={ So little Susie homemaker, if you're coming over for lunch, I hope you like yogurt.

I love old pictures too. In fact, I will go around to different communities' Historical Society museums (usually one room buildings) just to look at all their pictures and treasures. LOVE that stuff.

Karen said...

Love your layout! Your refrig even looks like art!

Amy said...

Glad to see you made it back from CHA safe and sound. I was so excited to meet you! We sort of look alike in that pic you posted the other day! Anyways, I am wondering where I can find that Glimmer Mist you are always talking about....I've searched everywhere and can't find it. And I don't live in the boonies, so it should be around here somewhere!

Thanks,
Amy

becky said...

can i come over some day and play with all the dies? and the glimmer mist? and soak up some vicki inspiration? please?

love that photo of you....and the layout is beautiful! love ya girl!

Sugar Bear said...

I've got to get me some of this Glitter Mist!
Karla

Amy Peterman said...

Oh, I'm right there with ya on the grocery thing. It's such a pain, and almost feels like a waist of time, but it has to be done! I especially hate it in the winter when I have to make trips to our (un-attached) garage to unload the groceries. Augh!

Amber said...

Oh that's a beautiful layout Vicki! And great old photos! I love the one with the little boy& girl leaning against the wall- too cute!

Catherine said...

I just love your old photos ....and all that Glimmer Mist - oh my. I haven't found THAT brand but I found something close - and you are so right - it's addicting!! LOVE it. Have a GREAT night. Stay cool..

No mountain dew in that fridge????

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Vicki, that is a gorgeous layout of YOU!
and now we all want glimmer mist.
:)

Love the old photos, how cute are those?? I sent your blog address to one of my french friends who loves "le scrap"...
Lidy