Tuesday, July 31, 2007

HO HO HO Merry ... huh?

lol, yeah.. I haven't completely lost it yet, I know it's still summer time. lol But Sandy was needing a Christmas house and any reason to do one of these fun little Sweet Chips Chipboard Houses works for me!
I used papers from the Earthy Paper Pad, Christmas stickers and Christmas Cuts for this project.
The roof was sprayed with adhesive and sprinkled with glitter first , then I added rick rak, buttons, lace and pom poms.

I've had so many people asking me about being able to purchase these. I'll be sure to post here as soon as they are available on the website. SOON! Then we can all have fun! lol


Again... good thing I don't have neighbors close, to see me pulling out my tree topper as a back drop for these photos! (I knew there was a good reason for moving to the country!)

Tomorrow I'm taking my mom to Omaha for her shots in her eye for her Macular Degeneration. After the shots she cant be in any sunlight at all, so she has to wear long sleeves, gloves, wrap around sunglasses and bring a towel to put over her head and face.(that won't be fun concidering it's darn HOT here right now!) After she gets home she has to stay in for 5 days with shades down and stay way from windows and direct sunlight. Really weird, but I'm so glad that they have the technology to do the things they do for peoples eyesite. It's a blessing!




12 comments:

Marie said...

I pray that your mum's procedure goes well, Vicki. I know too well the effects of Macular Degeneration as my fil suffered from it. I pray that a cure for this disease is found soon.

janel said...

That house is darling. Those buttons look just like candy....and I am sure you must have used some Glimmer on it too.....love it. Good luck with your mom's procedure...staying in the dark like that has to be difficult. My thoughts are with you..check in and let us know how it went!

Bevie Pearl said...

My Dad goes through these same kind of shots. I am so thankful for the procedures he has gone through..it has saved him from going blind.
I wish your mom the best.

Catherine said...

I've never heard of that type of shot, but glad they can help her! Love your Christmas house.

Jami said...

Hugs to your mom and I am so happy that the technology is there for her. This house is so darn cute and it put a smile on my face when I saw it considering that it was 95 degrees here today and going to be hotter tomorrow. I love it.

HB said...

Vic, your creation is the perfect treat on such a HOT day! I actually felt cooled off for a minute just looking at the pic! lol
I'll be sending prayers and positive thoughts to your mom. I just can't comprehend what it must be like to go through that.

DeniseLynn said...

Your work is just so darn awasome! What a blessing you have been given to be able to create such BEAUTY the way you do. Thanks for sharing it with us! Also, I want you to know that I am praying for your mom ... may all go well with her proceedure and may those days away from light pass gently yet oh so quickly for her.

Sharon in NE said...

Oh your poor mom. That has to be so difficult. (I'll glad for her sake they're predicting stormy weather.)

Nat said...

this is so cute- love it!!

Inga said...

I love this roof !
You really a great artist !!
kisses from Brazil, again :-)

Michelle M White said...

That house...I'm speechless! It's the best! LOVE IT!!! I'm keeping you and your mom in my prayers.

Kara Ward said...

Okay, I want this one too. Shane is on his way to Omaha today. I wish I was going with him. I need crafty time...I am packaging a class for 36. It is a 10 page book. Oh, my! My dad has the same thing as your mom. It is amazing what they can do. Kara