Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Make and Take AccuCut Accordian Flowers

Yay... lookie lookie... Accucut now has a accordion fold die, long enough to make these flowers!

Accucut had a die that scored and cut ...but now they have one long enough to make the flowers! I'm so excited...because boy does it ever make them EASY! And you have to do it run a 6x12 piece of paper through the machine using this new die and the all the scores for folding are right there. It makes it so easy to keep all the folds the same size, and even.
This will be my Make and Take Project in the Accucut booth on Sat, at CHA.
It was so fun to be able to use Fancy Pants Designs Paper for this Project... aren't they so bright and summery?

The ribbons ties will also have little AccuCut tags pinned on them with colored safety pins, with a "For You" stamped on them. The beautiful ribbons and colored pins are from Creative Impressions (thanks Lessa)!


I had some fun last night , messing around with some different "holiday themed" flowers, and trying out some different things.

The vintage Images are of course , Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.
The spider is an AccuCut Die. I cut the edges of the Spider one... to points.









I used a Scalloped Scissors on the edge of the Vintage one with the bow. Inked the edges and then spritzed the entire thing with "Iridesent Gold" Glimmer Mist.
I used spray adhesive and fine glitter on the snowflake, and added a jingle bell to the Christmas themed one.
The variations are endless, I still want to do a baby garland with smaller ones and also a Valentine themed one. It's just that darn "time" thing again.lol
I also wanted to remember post a link to my new friend Kathy's blog HERE so you could see my inspiration for the Canvas Bag I did , using Glimmer Mist.
And while your checking out that ...take a minute to see these adorable little birds that Laurie makes over at Charming Designs I LOVE THEM!
I also wanted to say , How thrilled I am to Announce we have added two new girls to the Crafty Secrets Design Team. Annette Prudhomme , who Sandy and I met at the Show in TX last month, and Janel Brown, who I've known and become good friends with , over the last year or so. WELCOME girls!
It's another GORGEOUS day here in Nebraska, so even though I'm locked in my studio (lol), the windows are cranked wide open!!! I'm determined to enjoy it, one way or another!

9 comments:

Pattyjo said...

OK these are amazing! I love the pretty colors and different designs!
I was just wondering...when do you ever sleep?

Charmingdesigns said...

I LOVE your flowers. I just called every (2) local scrapbooking store and one doesnt carry accucut and the other wont order it. How sad. I have only been to one CHA show, years ago. Would love to go again. I ordered my glimmer mist today!!irid. gold, pearl, and a pink Yeh!!Thanks a million for mentioning my little birds on your blog!! Laurie

Catherine said...

Love those flowers!! Rock On Accucut!

Deb S. said...

These are super cute Vic!!Great colors! Love all the flowers for diffrent holidays! That spider one is my fav!;)

Precious Treasures said...

Oh Vicki, the flowers are wonderful!!! If you get out to our store again can you bring the die? I would love to cut some out to hang in the store.

The new hats came (41) and they are AWESOME!!! You have to stop by and see them sometime. I know you are busy with CHA. We are having a crop Saturday and you can work from 10am -midnight if you want to come work on CHA stuff I can help you after we close at 6.

Glimmer mist..how do you unclog them? I heard today she has redesigned the sprayers? I heard it from a sales rep. Have you tried them since they were redone?

smiles
amy

Tam said...

Vicki!!!!! I just love these flowers!!!

HB said...

aaaaaaaack! Vickie, the themed flowers are over-the-TOP adorable! I'll find you easily at CHA... I'll just look for all the flowers! LOL

Kristine said...

Oh WOW!! LOVE these! :) Just found your blog and I'm soo loving what I see. These look like so much fun to make!

Brenda said...

Those flowers are so cute and it's great that the Accucut makes them easier because I have been making them all day long and they are very, very tedious because of all the folding, folding and folding.
Thanks, Bren
http://benzy55.typepad.com/my_weblog/