Thursday, July 05, 2007

New Page Frame Shape

The minute I saw this frame shape from PAGE FRAMES, I knew I wanted to do something vintage with it. I"SO" wish you could see it in person... it's hard to photograph without getting a glare , and then under the trees, it seems dark and has a much greener cast. The Paper I used are Crafty Secrets Heartwarming vintage, and they are a soft pale green that is so pretty. The ribbon at the top, is actually cream/white color...but looks GREEN here with the leaves showing through it.
The two people in the photo, are Dans grandparents. I never got to meet him in person, as he had passed away years before I ever met Dan...but Dan's Grandma "Ida" was the most kind , amazing person ever. I used to put Wes in the stroller and walk the few blocks over to her little house and have "postum" with her , when we were first marriage. lol Oh .. I cant believe I remembered what that stuff was called, and it just came to me , as I was writing. I don't drink coffee, and I didn't really like "Postum" ,but I drank it with HER. lol I just googled it and if you have never heard of "Postum" here's what it is "POSTUM" hmmm... wonder if you can still buy it?
I used Crafty Secrets Papers , stickers and Cotton Scraps on this project.
AccuCut flower dies for the flowers I stitched on underneath.

Lots of stitching on this project.
Doesn't that paper really look like lace?
I added this to the bottom, and some pieces of vintage lace across the top.

I cant believe how lost I can get in a project like this. I spent enough time on this...but if I didn't stop myself, I could fiddle with it all day! I 'm weird that way... I have zero patients for things like standing in checkout lines, waiting for trains , stuff like that...but I could mess with little tiny details of a project like this... FOREVER! (like I'm doing brain surgery or something) lol
You might call this "Quirky"!!! lol
Okay... I'm drawing for the give-a-way tomorrow... so if you haven't put your name in ... you still have time.. and if you have put your name in..but sure to check in and see who's name gets drawn... Okey Dokey?






17 comments:

Mimi Hornberger said...

This just takes my breath away. I just adore your art and feel lucky to be able to admire it. I looked at the Postum and, girlfriend, you can keep that and I'll stick with my coffee! LOL! Thanks so much for sharing!

Mirija said...

WOW that a really nice project! The old photo fits so good to the many white sweet embellishments! Great job!

Shazz said...

you frame is simply gorgeous....i spent AGES looking at the pics xxoo

Marie said...

Vicki, that is just beautiful! I love it!

Tara said...

Vicki - this is stunning!! I don't even know what to say except that when I clicked on your blog I actually gasped when I saw this. WOW - so beautiful!!

I have my own Postum memories with my grandparents... we used to drink it together. It's an all natural coffee substitue drink. My parents drink it now - too funny!! It's drinkable with just the right amount of sugar and cream *LOTS* (hee,hee)

Catherine said...

Vic, this is lovely!! LOVE it.

Sharon in NE said...

Ah...Postum...the grain tasting "coffee" drink that, when shared with a sweet senior friend, in a lovely china cup, is surprisingly tolerable.
Growing up, a sweet neighbor lady would invite me in for "coffee". It was actually Postum with milk and she would pour it into a special teacup just for me. She thought the Postum was okay for kids since it was "cereal". Perhaps this is why I began drinking real coffee in Jr. High and am now addicted to espresso...oh my gosh, it all started with a sweet old neighbor lady serving me Postum as a child. Sorry, I digressed too much. (Its not like I can take her to court for my addiction problem...can I?)

Anyway, I loved the photo and frame. I love the embellishments and it is so evident all the time you spent with it. I promise you, your artwork will be lovingly cherished by many generations.

Pattyjo said...

Your frame is soooooo beautiful! Its just elegant in every way. You amaze me girl...just amaze me!

janel said...

Words do not do justice to your ability to create your art...it is stunning! Your work is so much more than art..the love and caring seeps through and makes it such a treat to view. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Carol said...

Oh wowie. This is gorgeous. You have such a way for all the little details that make a piece of art special.

alteredaimee said...

Breathtaking!!! I love visiting your blog. I just got home from a weeks worth of camping, dirt and boys stuff and couldn't wait to see what beautiful things you've been up to! I'm always inspired here.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

wow, that's a gorgeous project, right up my "Victorian" alley!! Always creative and inspiring.
:) Lidy

HB said...

Vicky, the details in your projects absolutely blow me away! I have visions of sitting in your studio, watching you create and the only thing that comes out of my mouth is "WOW!".

Scrapbook With Vanilla said...

This is truly stunning!! I love your vintage style.... Great job!!!!

MJ said...

Lovely! It is amazing what inspires patience, isn't it?!

Jessrose21 said...

Just lovely! Monochromatic white is so elegant and refined. I'm the same way when it comes to fiddling with projects. Did you design any of the Fancy Pants ads in the magazines? I saw one in Home Companion and wondered if it was yours...

Susan said...

Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous!What a wonderful project - perfect for this old photo. I love your art!
Susan in TX