Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sweet Chips Chipboard (Haunted) House

I've been working on this little Sweet Chips Chipboard House from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage. I decided I wanted to do mine up in a Halloween theme, but they come as naked chipboard, so you dress them up however you wish. The possibilities are endless, and if you check out the Crafty Secrets Gallery , you'll see all the different houses the Design Team girls have come up with. They are SO cute, and really fun to do!
I thought this spooky place needed a crooked old chimney so I used some of the leftover pieces of chipboard to cut a chimney to add to the roof. I used a little piece a floral foam to stick down inside to hold the wire that holds the flighing bats. All of the images I used for this were from the Halloween stickers sheet, and the paper is from the Earthy Paper Pad (I LOVE this paper!!). When I added the bat stickers to the wire, I first painted the back side of the bats black (or you could use a black marker), then covered the back of the bats with diamond glaze to attach them to the wire.
Did I mention I love Diamond Glaze also! I got hooked on this stuff years ago, and I just cant live without it. It dries totally clear and QUICK! I love that!( because I'm impatient) lol

I used gloss black acrylic paint on the roof, door and windows. ( why gloss? umm.. because thats all I had)lol I used (Harvest Orange 60100) Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels on the pom poms, scalloped chipboard and over the black paint on the roof.


The thing I love the most about these darling little houses, is that the roof just lifts off and it un-ties in the front , to open flat. (Not only is these so fun for adding photos ..which, I'm going to do as soon as I get some copies made ....but the fact that it can open up flat, makes it great for storage, if you do seasonal houses)
All of the Chipboard pieces come in two flat sheets, the house, roof , door , window, decorative circles , scallops and even two different little birds. The two holes are already punched for the ribbon to go through to tie the house shut.
I tried to get a close up of the effect the orange Glimmer Mist had , when I spritzed it on the roof that had been painted with the gloss black acrylic paint. I really like the look. I'm finding new things to do with this stuff every day! lol
I hope if any of you do one of these , you share it in the CS gallery. It's so fun to see what everyone comes up with. I was thinking when I was working on this , how fun it would be to do a cute one up as a "Welcome to the neighborhood",with a little bag of candies on the inside or something like that. All I have is cows, next door , so that wont work for me ,but you get the idea. lol
Hope you're all having a super weekend!






20 comments:

Mom2fur said...

That's really awesome! You must have had so much fun making it...it's almost like a spooky version of an gingerbread house!

Cindy Lyles said...

Oh MY WORD I fell out of my chair in AMAZEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! And your vintage Halloween harlequin paper is so yummy ~ !!!!

janel said...

Boo to you! I SO love that house...and the bats coming out of the top....too spooky cute! Amazing you are! Can't wait to join the fun! Loving the CS Halloween things and Fall...and Christmas....and etc. etc.

MJ said...

Very cute! I can't believe that you are thinking Hallow'een when it is 37 degrees C here (about 90 degrees F?) I can't even imagine Hallow'een now! Have a great weekend!

HB said...

Holy Moly Vic, there are just toooo many things that I love about this!!!! WOW!

SOINSPIRED said...

Oh - I can't wait to buy some of those houses. I raced to my scrapbook closet to see if I had the earthy pad - I only have the radient one. I'll be calling Mystic Paper Monday to see if they have the houses. Adorable. Love Crafty Secrets and what a fabulous designer you are.

Jessrose21 said...

That is so cute! I love all the glimmer and those bats. I didn't know we could upload to the Crafty Secrets gallery! Good to know. I just registered and maybe get the guts to post there. LOL! All the samples there are so amazing!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

The Halloween house is adorable- so so fun!!! And those photos Mary gave you are wonderful!! You lucky girl! I love old photos,too!! Have a great weekend!
Michelle

Nat said...

this just knocked me off my socks- awesome!!!!

Kirsi said...

Awesome house. I want to make one too...

stampqueen said...

Hallo,
Will try to keep this short - LOVE your blog and will definatly be adding you to my 'A' list :)
Found you this am through Lisa
Strahl's site and as I was going back through all your older Posts I found it interesting that you are from Nebraska then you started talking about Fremont and 'Old Settlers' so I KNOW you are close to home for me - both my hubby and I grew up there so even though we live in Florida now - I would guess we might know a few people in common. We came home for 'Old Settlers' last year but can't make that trip every year - we drove last year 18 hrs. driving time.
If you would be interested in
some chitchat my email = stampqueen22@yahoo.com. I would love to here from you!!
Tera

bouchaxel said...

Frenchgardenhouse gave me your address of your blog.......... and I love it very much! How is nice your flower's album!, and your house for halloween, Waouh!!!!!

excuse my bad english!!!

Sharon in NE said...

The bats are so much fun!!! And I love the moon. What a great idea making one for a new neighbor. That way I wouldn't have to bake anything!

Elizabeth Royalty said...

gosh darnit that's just the cutest lil' thing i've done seen all day!!! i so want to do up some of these houses... and am off to buy them now. seriously. here i go... :)

Elizabeth Royalty said...

ack! I can't order one.. oh no! :) keep us posted on how to get our hands on these delightful little treats!

Kara Ward said...

Oh, I want to make one too. I need a crafty date. Gordman's has all their Halloween stuff out. I am dying to buy some. Kara

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

You are BRILLIANT!!!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I love this little Halloween house...JUST LOVE IT!!!

Precious Treasures said...

Love the flying bats!!!

ArtsyMama said...

So so so cute. I just LOVE this!!!!!
Kari