Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sweet Chips Chipboard house

A while back I shared with you some of the "Sweet Chips Chipboard" outfits , that
"Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage" is releasing at CHA... well, here is a little peek at the "Sweet Chip Chipboard" Houses. They Are so fun to alter. And there are so many ways to do them up. If you want to see what the Crafty Secrets Design Team has done with them. .. Check out the gallery. About the time , I think I've seen it all , they come up with another amazing design idea.

I decided to alter mine a bit shabby and vintage. I used Crafty Secrets Papers, Vintage Images and stamps to make this. I used vintage photos, and did the inside so it opens up like a little book.
The chipboards will come as a flat sheet with all the pieces. The house, windows, scallops, ect.. even some that I didn't use on this house. (like a little bird)

The little kiddos inside the door , are my mom , my Uncle Al and my Aunt Viv. (my mom is on the right)
I sprayed these white pom poms with pink Glimmer Mist. {If you want to see a cool way to use Glimmer Mist on Fabric... check out my friend Kathy's blog HERE} SO COOL!!!
I used CS stamps from the "French Mail" set for the stamped image on the shutters.


The chipboard on the back of the house, also comes in the kit. The stamped image inside the circle was done by repeating on3 of the images in the French mail stamp set also.

I used Colorbox (Chestnut Roan) ink on the edges, and to stamp with.

There are two little holes to put ribbon or string through to tie the house shut.
Then I opened it up and altered the inside. I used the wings from the Chipboard bird that comes with the kit to add to the girl. I added some "Stickles" to the wings for some extra sparkle.
I also when over some the stamped images and details ont he paper with my SAKURA stardust pen.

The "together" image is from the "Divine Booklet".

I have no idea who these little boys are..but aren't they a HOOT??? lol
After stamping the saying and matting it, I used my tracing wheel for the faux stitching look, and then added the butterfly.

I just felt like that little girl needed a wand , crown and wings. ("needed" them!) lol

Even the hole reinforcer is a Crafty Secrets stamp. How fun is that?
I had so much fun doing this house...but now I just want to do another... Time... I need more Time! lol










24 comments:

Karin said...

Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I hope you do find time to make more of them. :-)
Karin in MN

KardKrazy said...

What an absolutely awe-inspiring piece of work. It is just amazing in every aspect. Love it!

Pattyjo said...

Oh Vicki! That is the most awesome house I have ever, ever seen! That is just plain beautiful!!! How oh how do you come up with such beautiful things? This one is "OFF the charts"!

Carol said...

This is just the most adorable thing! So many wonderful details!

Mimi Hornberger said...

This is just amazing! Every inch is covered with more tantalizing eye candy! Thank you so much for sharing your art with us!

Creative Creations said...

Wow - this is so awesome - I just LOVE what you did here and how this house turned out!!! Absolutely beautiful - all the details ... I'm amazed!!! Way cool ...

SOINSPIRED said...

That is beyond words amazing. I want/need it all. Love the pink glimmer mist.

MJ said...

Very sweet! I like how you incorporated vintage family photos! What a great idea!

Nancy Grant said...

So stunning and beautiful Your creativity is clever and just my style.
Neat,
NG.

Deb S. said...

you never cease to amaze me my friend! what darling projects! thanks for always sharing, you are such an inspiration!

sweetpolly16 said...

There is never enough time in the day to do ALL the fun stuff! Remember when you were a kid and time stood still. Very pretty, thanks for the inspiration.

doverdi said...

OMG! That house is just gorgeous. I love it. I would love to try one of these. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Scrapbook With Vanilla said...

Just incredibly BEAUTIFUL!!! Love your work!! ;)

HB said...

Man, this one just blows me away! WOW!

Susan said...

This is outstanding! I love, love, love this house. You did a great job - love how you used the vintage images along with the beautiful stamps.
Susan T in TX

Cherie said...

Oh my! That is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love it!

DeniseLynn said...

WOW! Gorgeous!!!
OK so I'm basically speechless.

ArtsyMama said...

Wow, I love this house. Just gorgeous!! I have these chipboard pieces...now I'm really going to have to give this a try! Thanks for the inspiration:)
Cheers
Kari

Aleta1314 said...

That is an awesome house! I love your work its always so fresh and new! Now I have to add the chipboard house to my wish list ;-)

Aleta1314 said...

This is so awesome! You do such amazing work! Another thing to add to my wish list ;-)

Donaldson family said...

I love this!! I have been waiting to see something done with one of them ever since I saw they were coming out. I love all the new shapes!

Kirsi said...

Oh wow, that is just amazing! I just keep looking and find more and more details. You are one talented lady!

Kara Ward said...

I am loving these houses...won't they be cute at Christmas...I can picture an entire village. So, fun. Kara

D@nielle said...

andthat is such an adorable house !