Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Altered Valentine Candy Box

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and concern for Jarad. He is sore but up are around today. He doesn't let much stop him, he's defiantly not a complainer, when it comes to pain,that's for sure.
This Altered Valentine Candy Box is what I was working on yesterday, when the madness set in... so this morning I finished it up. All of the Papers, Cotton images, stickers and stamps are Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.


Using an exact knife I cut the plastic candy divider out of the inside, and altered the inside with paper, rick rack, ect... so that it would be open to hold cards or whatever you choose.
The back pieces of the flower were cut from CS papers using an AccuCut die, and then the center pieces are parts of silk flowers with a pearl gem for the very center. I used Diamond Glaze and Vintage Glass Glitter on each of the pedals.

I used a hot glue gun to attach the pom pom trim around the edge. I had sprayed the white pom pom trim with "Pink Bubblegum" GlimmerMist" before attaching. When I was finished I sprayed the entire thing with "Iridescent Gold" Glimmer Mist.


Here are a few of the cards I made with some of the Valentine Images and stamps, that I have stored inside the box.
If your looking for Vintage Valentine Images... here's were to look....
Clear ART Stamps ( French Mail) and ( Cherub)
Heartwarming Vintage Stickers (Valentine)
Today, I got some Beautiful new Fall colors of Glimmer Mist in the mail... They are YUMMY! I'll give you a peek tomorrow.
Don't forget to leave a comment if you haven't already, for the give-a-way on Friday. Oh and since I'm talking about Give-a-ways.. stop over at my friend Catherine's Blog and put your name in for a chance to win her give a way...which is a actually layout made by her!
Check it out here Catherine Matthews Scanlon




19 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the box! How long did it take you to make it?

Jennie said...

Beautiful box Vicki. I am going to have to get some more of that glimmer mist and some of that paper from crafty secrets.

Deb S. said...

very pretty valentine box vic! i like the music paper on the inside.
i'm sooo glad jarad is doing ok. lots to be thankful for that's for sure huh? take care...

Scrapbook With Vanilla said...

How beautiful!! Just love the box Vicki ;)
I so want to try out that flower with bow and all!! BEAUTY

Robyn said...

OH this is lovely! That really is a neat idea...Hmmm!

chelemom said...

Gorgeous! You are one talented lady I tell ya!

Jessrose21 said...

Oh, what a sweet box! No pun intended. I love the big netting bow and all those cards are adorable.
I'm glad to hear your son is doing ok. Road rash sounds very painful!

Tara said...

I love this...I love your style...you just make the neatest things!! Thanks for sharin'! :)

Carolr said...

You have really encouraged me to do something with all those candy boxes I've been saving. Thanks. Now, you tease us with all the Glimmer Mist talk----where is the best place to order???

stampqueen said...

Hallo,
Gald to hear Jared is ok!!!!!
Love the box!! Knew I shoulda saved some of those...:)
Tera

KardKrazy said...

I'm speechless.....it's just so gorgeous. What an utterly fantastic idea!

Sugar Bear said...

I love that box. All the elements you included work so well together. Happy to hear that Jared is up and around.
Karla

Jami said...

Love love love the box. It is so gorgeous. I am happy to hear that Jared is doing good. Darn those boys and their toys.

Susan said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I knew I should have saved that box. I love how you misted the pom pom trim as well as the entire box. I bet it just shines irl! Glad to hear your son is ok.
Susan

Pattyjo said...

Geeze Vicki, my valentine boxs never look that beautiful! You are so creative.

AliGripp said...

Vicki your work is incredible! Thank you for sharing it with us!! We need to get you down here to teach!!

Sharon in NE said...

Oh Vic...your work is incredible. And look at that one card! It looks like a kewpie with long curly hair! LOVE old Valentines.

Scrappermania said...

I Love the box, its beautiful!!!!

Shannon said...

LOL I knew we were alot alike when I was taking a look-see, while listening to Bon Jovi on my iTunes, and oh my, I'm hearing double! Yes, two Bon Jovis at once! ;)
Very nice little candy box, dearie!
Thanks for sharing... maybe I'll get mine done someday! Ha! (it's been in progress for two weeks now...)
Hugs,
Shannon