Friday, August 31, 2007

And the winner is.....

and the winner is .....
Jessica Wild Rose Stamper
I had Jarad draw when he got home from work this morning. Congrats Jessica... send me your addy, and I'll get the goodies off in the mail to you! Cant wait to see what you do with them!


And I have to thank Lisa for helping figure out how to get the "subscribe" to this blog thing on my blog. I've been meaning to do that for such a long time. I'm not good at that kind of stuff, but she was a doll and helped me out... so if you want to subcribe to my blog now... just fill in your addy, and you'll be emailed when I update. AND... if you want to see some incredable work...check out Lisa Zappa's blog. That girl can stamp!! Shabby Chic Junk- Lisa Zappa's blog


I finished this layout this morning for a Guest Designer challenge I have coming up in Sept. (wow.. I guess that would be TOMORROW already!) Anyway... I'll tell you all about it then.

The sweet mama and babe, in the photo are Gabriell and Wyatt. Gabby is such a fantastic mom.. it's obvious when you see her with him, just how much she adores him. He is just pretty darn precious! She has certainly taken to motherhood, just as I imagined she would. What a terrific mommy she is!

My challenge is to incorporate paint into your layout.


I used stickers to lay down, and then dry brushed with acrylic paint over the top,before pulling them off.


All of the papers and little scalloped notecards are Jennie Bowlin Studio.











Speaking of Scallops. I was so excited to find those JUMBO scalloped scissors at the $ store yesterday. I have a set of small scallops, but was thrilled when I found some slightly larger ones... THEN... I found these... JACKPOT!!! ( it's the scallop that runs along the bottom strip of paper on the layout)
I'm such a "hoarder" , I bought five pairs, so I'd have them for classes. lol (the sick thing.. is now I wish I had gotten more) lol
***********
Wes is moving to Lincoln this weekend , so I've been gathering spare kitchen supplies ect... for him to use. I found some things for him yesterday at the $ store also. Some $ stores are just junk, but there in one specific "Dollar Tree" that I frequent, that has the best stuff. I love getting good deals. The very best $ store I've ever been to , was when I was in Canada. I seriously brought my carry on home , totally filled with $ store stuff. lol Sounds funny ,but I actually found these cool shadow boxes and canvas's there for a buck! They are going to be great for Classes.
I'll be back in Canada to teach some classes in November... so I'm hoping Sandy and I can squeeze in another trip there. ( only I would go to Canada..excited about hitting a $ store) Oh brother! lol
Anyway... hope you all have a fun-filled long weekend!


15 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Congratulations Jessica! I just checked out your blog and I think the winnings are going to a good home. Can't wait to see what great things you'll do with it.

Vicki, love the mother/baby layout. So sweet. Hope your cold is getting better.

Jessrose21 said...

AHH! Get out! LOL! I can't believe I won. Thank you so much!

I know what you mean about finding scallop scissors. I have a pair of retired SU large scallops, but the pattern is so short that it takes forever. Did you know that if you have a corner punch with removable guides you make a scalloped edge? I tend to use that more often.

Love the scrapbook page, especially the scallops, of course! Your variegated stitching looks really cool. As does the folded paper "ribbon". You do the best details!

chelemom said...

Congrats Jessica! What an incredibly sweet page....needs to be framed and hung up on a wall....

Charmingdesigns said...

may101The card is beautiful!I just got the large scallop sizzors...Ok for going a very short distance! I like the corner punch idea...I'll give that a try. Laurie

Pearl Maple - Mandy Collins said...

Beautiful page, thank you for sharing it has so many wonderful elements. Congrats to Jessica too.

Angie said...

Congats to Jessica!
Vicki that layout is beautiful.

Sara said...

Oh, Vicki, I TOTALLY love this page! Gorgeous, as usual!

scrapmumof6 said...

Love the layout, so sweet. Congratulations to Jessica. :)

Scrapbook With Vanilla said...

Ok! I have never seen giant scallop scisors like that at a dollar store! GORGEOUS :)
Love that pic with those papers, so stunning.... peaceful.... just gorgeous....

And YES! Canadian dollar store are the best!! I always find stuff there too!

Now, what is this about you going to Canada?? Canada is huge... and I can't afford to fly out west to take your class; so I'm hoping it's on my side of the country you're coming!?!?!??!? LOL
Let me know please!!! This way I can figure out a way (if possible) to take your class! LOL
Take care

Pattyjo said...

Congratulations Jessica!

Scrappermania said...

Congratulations to Jessica, Beautiful page, so sweet!!!!

D@nielle said...

Jessica is lucky ! That is one great page, and I know what you mean with the scissors, I have them in all the sizes there are :)

MJ said...

Okay, you had better post where/when you'll be teaching your class in Canada. I can hardly wait for the details!

Beth Leintz said...

What time does the Dollar Store open?! I've been in search of a way to get a nice size scallop edge on things and so far my best solution has been using my circle punch to make circles and then gluing those to the edge half the circle showing- talk about tedious!

Love all the details on your layout- especially the layering with the pearl tip hatpin. Neato!

Chelsea Van Tol said...

was it dollarama? they have the best craft section