Thursday, August 02, 2007

Aunt Bicky Day!

I'm finally getting to my blog...it's been a busy couple of days. Thanks you all of you who sent well wishes to my mom yesterday. The procedure went well. We got a few strange looks on the way home , with her sitting in the middle of the backseat with a long sleeved turtleneck on, gloves , wrap around sunglasses and a towel over her head , with only a small area in the front for her to see through. lol She is such a sport... never complains about anything! I'm glad it all went well. They said her vision had improved substantially since her last visit. That's great news!

Today I had asked my niece Kiley (brother Dan's daughter), if I could take Griffin to the park and for ice cream. (Him lub is Aunt Bicky!) lol I needed some shots for some upcoming projects so he's my guy! boy.. when your not used to running after a two year old, it wears you out fast! lol His mom said he usually takes his nap at 2pm , so I had planned to have him home by then. When it got close to then, I said "it's time to go... it's 2pm... "MY" nap time" lol
This little guy is a hoot. He is so mature for his age. Just turned two in April.
He had all kinds of stuff to show me! And we even stopped over to say hi to Grandma Dunn and she how her eyes were doing. I think she enjoyed the hug and kiss Griffin passed out , before we left.

I had promised him ice cream and then to play inside at BK... but he said he wanted a Burger. I kind of thought maybe he just wanted the toy( we had already been to the toy isle at the store)lol ..but no way... he ate the burger and fries and didn't even ask about the toy until I mentioned it. He was a hungry guy after all that play!
He cracked me up..when we were sitting there, he pointed at my hair and said something ..I didn't quite catch it.. but I could tell by the look on his face..he wasn't impressed!( ok..so I was having a BAD hair day.. it was HOT out ,and I did nothing with my hair..knowing I was going to the park!) So ... I said.."Does my hair look icky?".. , He said "Yes" (not , yeh...but YES). I tried to keep a straight face, and said, "I'm I embarrassing?".... He smiled the cutest smile and said"no". How funny! I'm sure he has no idea what "embarrassing " means...but it was so CUTE! ( on his behalf....My hair was pretty bad!)

I love this kid! Thanks for hang'n with me Griff! Aunt Bic love ya!
I thought I would share with you a shot of the altered birdhouse tissue box done with Fancy Pants Papers I have in Paper Trends this month. Another Mag I love!
I had forgotten this was coming out , until I took some of my new mags with my while I was waiting with mom yesterday and found it.. what a fun surprise!



I also got some of my new Crafty Secrets Stamps in the mail today... so I'll be posting them for you to see, and working on lots of fun new samples with them. They are AMAZING! I was so excited when I got them...and really got to check them out... I had to call Sandy and tell her how fantastic they looked! I cant wait to try them out!




11 comments:

Deb S. said...

omg griffin has gotten so big and he looks to grown up for 2!! what a cutie he is aunt bic!;)

janel said...

So glad to hear you had such a great day. Those little boys steal our hearts don't they? That photo with the french fries cracks me up. Will be stalking your blog to see all your new goodies! Have a great Friday!

Sharon in NE said...

I had to giggle picturing your mom sitting in the back seat wearing a shroud of sorts. At least it's all worth it knowing her eye sight is improving.

Love the pictures of Griffin. He's one up on me. When I get my kids meal, I gotta see what Simpson toy is in my bag before I start in on my applesauce. :P

Jami said...

LOL Bicky, Griffin is adorable. I can't wait to see the LO's you do with these awesome pictures. Hugs to your mom and that is so cool that her vision is improving.

Nat said...

what a cutie!!!

Hey congrats on the pub again Aunt bicki - :-)

Catherine said...

so glad to hear your Mom's eye thing went well....Griff is adorable - and I am sure your hair didn't look that bad!! :-)

Have a great day.

Elizabeth Royalty said...

what a sweetie! he does look very old for two! you are one rockin' auntie, for sure... wish we lived closer to family, as I remember fondly playing with my aunts and uncles... these moments are precious for them, too! Thanks for sharing!

Sugar Bear said...

Griffin is so cute! Looks like he is tall! What a fun day. These are the best times and you made a wonderful memory for him.
Karla

eMeLiNe said...

Congrats on your pub !! and i love your nick - Aunt Bic :)

Pattyjo said...

Ohhhhh....I'm in Love! That little guy is adorable!
If you are this silly over your neices and nephews kids...you will make an awesome Grandma someday!

Precious Treasures said...

LOVE the tissue box. You must be organized for all you get done. Maybe that is why I never seem to get anything done. I am so unoranized. hee hee!