Monday, August 27, 2007

Counting my blessings today!

For the next couple of weeks , I'm going to keep this sticky at the top about these things...

* Give-a-way on Friday Aug 31... just post a comment between now and then

* Classes in Gretna NE on Sept 8th at Precious Treasures Scrapbook Boutique
***********************************************************************************
Nothing to show you today sorry (nothing you would want to see anyway). I spent most of the afternoon in the emergency room with Jarad. He's home now and okay,but it was a scary day.
Jarad took a major spill on his new motorcycle today (you know... the one his mom wasn't crazy about him getting!).
I'm so thankful he had a helmet on , and had no major injures, as far as his neck or back , no broken bones. Lots of road rash, scrapes, cuts ect... Both palms, both bottoms of his arms and elbows, his shoulder and most seriously, his knees. There was one deep puncture wound in the middle of the worst part of this right knee that has to be stitched up. But mostly lots of numbing , cleaning and irrigating the wounds, to clean them. After taking xrays they found one spot on the other side of that knee , that they think something is embedded deep in, but the surgeon is supposed to take a look at the xrays and then give us a call. They have decided to hold off on the antibiotics , as they don't want them to cover up signs of any serious infection that could stem from that, so we just need to watch things close for a few days for any signs of problems with that.
To think he actually just called a friend to come pick up him and his motorcycle, to take it back to his storage unit and back to his truck.. so he could drive himself.. from Fremont where he was , to home 17 miles freaks me out. I took one look at him and took him straight to the emergency room. Yeah.. the ER doctor,and the mail nurse yukked it up with Jarad about motorcycles "and how cool they are",but totally sided with me , about the fact that the ER was where he needed to be...getting checked out.
He cant go to work tonight of course, so his in bed getting some sleep. They told him , he's defiantly going to be sore for a few days. This mama , is thanking the Lord above tonight!

18 comments:

stampqueen said...

oh Mamma have the motrin ready - he gonna be feelin it in the mornin, as they say around horse folk he'll feel like he was "rode hard and put up wet" So glad he's ok!!!! As my Biker man found out once there is nothing like a good pair of leathers to prevent road rash - he wears them even in Florida in the summer ( most of the time)....

Shawn said...

that is some scary s*it there. So glad he was wearing a helmet. They don't have a helmet law in KS and I cringe every time I see someone without one.

Jennie said...

So glad he was wearing his helmet. He is going to feel it later tonight or tomorrow really bad. Hope that they gave him some good pain meds.

Amy said...

For the love of Pete....when will these children learn????? I guess they are as thick headed as we were when we were young, uh? Jeeps, you wish you could save them from this sort of pain. I am so sorry this happened to your son, but thankful at the same time he was ok! Big hugs for you Vicki--it's a Mother's worst nightmare. Hopefully he learned his lesson? Mmmm....one can only hope! I'll say a prayer!

Amy

Eleanor said...

Yikes. Thank God he's just sore with scrapes and bruises, and nothing worse. I hope you're okay. Hugs to you.

Precious Treasures said...

I am so thankful Jared is ok.

Charmingdesigns said...

I am so sorry you had to go through that kind of scare. Glad he's ok. Laurie

tammy b said...

holy cow.
i'm glad he's ok - relatively speaking.
will he sell now?
don't forget to breathe.

Pearl Maple - Mandy Collins said...

Totally enjoy your blog, wedding photos are beautiful and that chipboard dress is sparking all kinds of fun ideas.

Catherine said...

oh Vic, sending thankful prayers your way!! I am glad he's ok....and thankful he had a helmet on.

Kara Ward said...

Raising boys is not any easy thing to do. I alway say I didn't really know what being a parent was until I had my Son. LOL. Go hug him. Kara

janel said...

Oh Vicki, I am so glad he is ok. Thinking about it makes me shudder! They are so vulnerable on a motorcycle. Sending get well wishes!

Sugar Bear said...

Oh Vicki! Thank God he was wearing a helmet. Tell him to get some leather pants and coat! Everytime I see someone on a motorcycle I get nervous. I hope he is on the mend and I will pray that there is no infection.
Karla

Sharon in NE said...

I bet you hardly slept last night. But not to focus on the "what ifs"...so glad God protected him. Those poor little angels of his must have been working double time to keep up.

Taylor said...

How scary!! I know that feeling of panic when you let your mind think about what could have happened! I'm so glad your son is alright and I hope he has a speedy recovery!

StaceyM said...

Oh how scary. I am so glad that he is ok. When I was much younger than I am today, I loved to go riding on the back of a friends bike. We rode all over the place. One day I get a call at home from his mom. They were trying to find me because I had been riding with their son earlier. He had been in a major wreck where some one had crashed in to him. He was hospitalized for 3 months with a severely broken leg. They thought that I was riding with him and couldn't find me. Someone was looking out for me and I had come back home in the car and not the motorcycle. I have never been back on a motorcycle since then and that was some 20 odd years ago. Thank goodness some one was looking after Jared too!!! Hugs to both of you. (now take that bike away from him!!!) LOL

Dawn B said...

My Dh and I ride motorcycles and to be honest it's the people in cars that are scarey when riding a motorcycle because they don't pay close enough attention and tend to cut motorcycles off. I'm glad he is doing ok despite the fact that he has scrapes and bruises, at least those will heal with time.

Pattyjo said...

Motorcycles are dangerous. I am glad he is home and safe today. Its good you got him to emergency.