Monday, August 13, 2007

CS new stamps and Glimmer mist with stencils

I have some fun news I've been wanting to share , and today's the day! I'm so honored have been asked to join these talented designers , over at Scrappy Gourmet! It 's a pretty cool concept they have over there.. each of the designers projects are kitted and for sale. (I think I'm liking the idea of someone else making kit's for a while, after this week) lol I have to laugh because of the 7 girls ... "3" are "Vicki's"... all spelled the same! (Vicki Harvey, Vicki Boutin and Vicki Chrisman) lol... gotta love that!

I've also been sponsored by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L for some time now, and now that they have started up their Design Team, I'll officially be joining them. They are a great company, who has always impressed me with the way they take on causes, such as , breast cancer awareness and Make a Wish foundation. I'm so happy to be apart of the Scrapbook Adhesives Team.



Okay, that's my exciting news! Now I want to show you what I was messing with today! lol

A while back I ran across some of these faded pink plastic doilies at the junk/treasure store.( I know ...sounds appealing huh?) lol... but I knew they would be a cool thing to use with Glimmer Mist, and are they ever!!!



I made this folders to hold a mish mash collection of ephemera, I wanted to take as a little gift to some friends I'll be seeing when I'm in CA at the show this coming weekend. ( and one for Sandy...shhhh... don't tell her).

I'm on this kick with making these out of simple manilla folders. I just fold them , so that they have a flap that can come over the top and then stitch down both sides. I just used the doilies, by laying them down on the folders before I started folding or stitching, and spritzed them with different colors of Glimmer Mist. I let them dry, picked up the doilies and then did my folding and stitching. Super easy!

Then I stamped manilla shipping tags with my new Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage stamps and then spritzed them lightly.

I didn't want to glue the flowers to the folder, so I glued them to a separate piece of chipboard that I had spritzed with the glimmer mist, and the attached them with Velcro..to the lace tie.




I've used paper doilies before ,and they worked fine.. but the great thing about the plastic ones, is that I can use them over and over.





It would be fun to cut your own stencils too , or use lace as the stencil. The lace would be pretty with the glimmer mist on it also... (when you were finished using it as a stencil).


Okay, here are some of the new stamps. There are lots more.. (I'll share those next) ...but for now, what I did , so you could see how detailed they stamp, I just randomly stamps some images from these sets on tags.


This is a sample of the Set "FRAME IT" Set



This is the some of the "VINTAGE CHRISTMAS" Set







This is a bit of the "JOURNEY" Set

Pretty Amazing Stamps huh!
I used Colorbox ink on all of these.
************************************************************
Okay, I know this post is getting long ,but I have to tell you one more thing. It's a fun story. My niece Neely is still out on tour with her band "Tilly and the Wall". I had emails the last couple of weeks from New Zealand , Australia and now Japan. Well, while they were in Japan the other night, they had just finished playing there show, and Cindy Lauper was up on stage after them. Neely was standing off to the side of the stage watching her perform , and when she started singing , "Girls just wanna have Fun" she came over and grabbed Neely by the hand and pulled her out on stage with her! Then they brought other girls up on stage to sing too. How fun for Neely! She grew up during the time that song was popular..so I'm sure it' was really something for her!
I bet the girl did HAVE FUN! lol












12 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

Love that Frame it stamps!! I have seen those plastic doilies...I bet our great grandmothers never would have thought we would use them this way lol. I think I need more of those glimmer mists! 3 doesnt do the job!Thanks for sharing, the pictures are great! Laurie

Pattyjo said...

Congratulations on all your great news! So the store is selling your art in kits for anyone (like me) to make up and it will look like the beautiful things you make on your blog? If I'm right than I'm all for that too!
Wonderful for Neely too! She is living such an exciting life, what a story she will be able to share with her Grandkids someday!
You all amaze me! Now you must realize that this is being said, by a country (stay at home all the time) Grandma of 8! Your lives seem very exciting and I love reading about them!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

You envelopes are so BEEEAUtiful! I also like the stamps. Congrats on your news!

Beth Leintz said...

What a great idea for using those plastic doilies- I've used lace before, but the doily gives much stronger lines. Love those new stamps too, but I'm on a stamp diet this month- no new rubber until Sep 1!

Amber said...

Big Congrats Vicki on all your exciting news! That is Fantastic!!! Beautiful projects as always!
~Amber

Jessrose21 said...

Your envelopes turned out gorgeous! Who woulda thought a plain manila folder could look so pretty?

Nat said...

loving your awesome art in kits - love this all1!!!!

Kristina Lewis said...

Congratulations! You deserve it! You are so talented and inspiring!!

Susan said...

Vicki,
Congratulations on all your news! You deserve it. Love those new stamps. I'd thought of using the doilies, but haven't seen any plastic ones in awhile. Beautiful folder/envies. So, are your kits going to be sold commercially? Tell us more.
Susan

D@nielle said...

oooh love the cute projects ! I really have to try that glimmer mist sometime, haven't seen it over here yet ...
Congrats on the team spots !

Catherine said...

oh my heck these are gorgeous! I need to find some of those plastic doilies too!! Wow. total YUM!

Sandra L. said...

Where did you find those plastic doilies? I've been looking everywhere. Those are just beautiful folders, I must say!