Thursday, August 23, 2007

A fun mail day!!

For the next couple of weeks , I'm going to keep this sticky at the top about these things...

* Give-a-way on Friday Aug 31... just post a comment between now and then

* Classes in Gretna NE on Sept 8th at Precious Treasures Scrapbook Boutique
******************************************************************************
Oh.. I had a FUN mail day today! First of all ... a BOX ( oh... I love to see a box sitting there!lol)
It was from my new Midwestern blog friend Shawn (Bonorama Mama). Check out this little birdie dish! I wish it wasn't so cloudy here so I could get a better shot of the beautiful colors of this. So adorable!
Everything was wrapped , stamped, dry embossed, and tied up with so much care, you wouldn't believe it. I should have had those tags opened up so you could see them. they were all NE themed! The flowers are so gorgeous...she said the top one was spritzed with Orchid and iridescent gold Glimmer Mist! So Cool! Thanks Shawn... I love it all!
Okay... on this one... all I'm going to say is INTERESTING!!.... Someone is trying to be sneaky! lol I really really like the actor Tim Matheson. (can you say CUTE!) lol.. anyway, this little clipping came in the mail in a envi, with no return addy. I'm thinking it's my friend Deb (Union Street Musings), that's behind this.... (unless it's "Tim" himself) lol Tim.. is it you???

Then I got my new Scrapbook Trends... and there on page 108... my Gram! Just made me smile.

This is a Birdhouse I altered with all Fancy Pants Products,t hat was in Aug/Sept Paper Trends
We had a nice time at dinner last night with my sister, brother-in-law and my mom. It was nice to have some time to just sit an chat a bit with them.
Okay...now just one request. This week, two of my dear friends have lost their dads. So I'm asking that you keep them in your prayers. It's such a hard thing. You don't want the suffering to continue,but it's so hard to let go. I lost my dad over 20 years ago and its still hard some days. Knowing what they are going through, really brings it all back. Cindy is in Canada , so I'll be sending my hugs to her long distance, Chris's dads funeral is tomorrow in Omaha, so I'll be able to attend that. If your lucky enough to still have your parents...call them , hug them..tell them you love them.
Thanks for keeping my friends in your prayers!







20 comments:

Hogansmom said...

Vicki, Just love your blog and all your creativity. You have me totally addicted to glimmer mist...lol! Have a great week and enjoy your family!
Cathy

StaceyM said...

Wow lots of goodies are coming your way. You are one special lady and it shows.

My thoughts are with your friends. This must be dad week because both my dad and fil are in the hospital and it is so hard.

Michelle said...

you are very lucky!

Nat said...

love your cute house!!!

Tammy said...

what great mail!

Jennie said...

You also have me hooked to glimmer mist. Great mail day. Great work in the magazine. My thoughts are with you and your friend.

Fran M said...

Love your blog and your work. The items in you are giving away look awesome. Hope I win!

Shawn said...

So glad you liked everything. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your goodies with me. I love everything you sent me! :) Glimmer mist is a must have item. I find myself having to make a list because I can't remember which ones I own! Sending prayers your way. Life really is too short.

Kara Ward said...

Rock Star!!!!!!
Love it all. Kara

Deb S. said...

i suspect i know who sent the tim article....did it have a grand island post mark on it?? hmmmm?

MJ said...

Congrats on your birdhouse being published! It looks fabulous!

stampqueen said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your friends - my Dad passed away in '81 when I was a junior in HS.
Emailed Mom this am - :)
Love that little bird dish - so sweet!! And love your birdhouse, oh heck LOVE IT ALL....
Wish me luck - I sent my application into Cornish Heritage Farms for their design team call today.
Tera

Scrapbook With Vanilla said...

Sounds like a great day ;)
By the way, you know the ghost HS butterflies on one of your previous posts? Well, I totaly fell in love with the thought of using alcohol ink on them.... I went to 4 stores and noone has them!! Oh well, I will continue to dream about yours LOL
Hopefully they will arrive here soon!!
Take care & gorgeous grandma LO!!! Lovely! :)

Pattyjo said...

I'm sorry to hear about Chris's loss. It is hard to lose a family member. My thoughts are with her.

janel said...

Your blog entries are always such a treat! I will be on the lookout for my ST, to see your Grandma, and those cute houses! I will keep your friends close to my heart.....it is so difficult to lose a parent! And, I am thinking that it must have been Tim sending it to you the last time he passed through Grand Island! LOL

Catherine said...

It wasn't me that sent you that....but wish I'd thought of it. Have a great day. xox

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'm sure it is from Tim. And I am crossing my fingers that I get a note in the mail from him too!

Sugar Bear said...

I'll keep your friends in my prayers. Losing a parent must be so unbelievably difficult.
Karla

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Praying for your friends, and their family. It is the hardest thing.

I always love visiting you, queen of creativity!
Lidy

Sharon in NE said...

Its so hard to go through something like that with your friends, because you know the pain they're feeling. (:) big hug