Monday, August 20, 2007

Home again

I have so much to share I don't know how I'm going to squeeze it all in , over the next few days. I just don't want to miss anything. First of all, I'm most excited to have been this weeks guest designer over at "Pencil Lines" What fun , and such an honor to see the beautiful layouts all the girls have done based on my sketch. Please check them out if you get a chance ..they are just fantastic! Thanks to the Pencil Lines totally talented Designers and all who are playing along. Very Fun!


Also...be sure to check out this months kit at Scrap Muse! The DT girls are uploading their work to the gallery here and the news letter is out here. I feel like I really missed out this month. Amanda was kind enough to give me this month off, because I have been so busy, with travel ,an also wanting to spend some time with family that is home. I really appreciate that...but I have the kit sitting here, and it's BEAUTIFUL.. I think I'm going have to dig in and create at lease one project, so I don't feel totally left out. lol


Okay... now here are some pics from San Diego. I had to show you this photo of the room. We stayed at the Sofia hotel, which is pretty much in the heart of down town San Diego. It is a historic old building , all redone and absolutely gorgeous.
My favorite part of shows is always meeting up with friends. Either , blog friends, who your meeting in person for the first time, or friends you normally only get to see when your at shows throughout the year. It was so fun to get to meet Liz Christensen ( All things Prissy) for the very first time .."in person". Check out her blog for more pics, and a peek at her beautiful work.



Oh , I cant even believe I posted this photo. But Helle, took this photo of me in the Ocean after dinner . I was pretty excited. Ya think?? lol















Oh.... this was just the very best! Michelle and Helle picked Sandy and I up so that we could all go to dinner together after the show one night. We went to dinner at a fantastic place near the beach and then for a little jot over to let the Nebraska girl splash around int he water. lol It was SO FUN!

Sandy took these photos ,so she wasn't in them,but if you check out Michelles blog you can see some there with Sandy (after we asked another beach go'er to be our photographer). lol

I'm sure Helle will share also... but right now she is sharing her beautiful photos from her trip to Denmark. She just returned before I got to San Diego. I'm so glad she was back so I got to see her and Michelle both. Check out Helle's blog here.


If you're in the San Diego area... I have good news for you... These ultra talented girls are going to be opening a store of their own... and I can tell you this... It will be something SPECIAL!

ummm...girls gone wild? lol

Just sharing some photos of the walk between our hotel and the convention center. This little market, is where we stopped often.
This photo was taken from the backside of the convention center.
This is walking up to the front of the convention center.

This is just a shot down one of the isles inside , before the show started in the morning. Our booth was just to the right of where I'm standing taking this photo.

Here is the Crafty Secrets Booth before the show got started. Once the show stared the booth was packed. It's always fun spending time with Sandy. I enjoyed every minute! Seems like most of our time chatting , is over the phone , so when I get to actually spent time with her, it's really a treat.
One last shot.... heading out..

for Nebraska. Before heading home, we stopped at moms to see the "big fam". My sisters are home from AZ and FL ,( along with the others that are within driving distance) yesterday, at moms. They are back for my nieces wedding next weekend. I visited for a while before heading home and unpacking and starting laundry ect.

Hope you all have have a wonderful few days while I was gone. I'm going to be a "blogg'n fool" for a while... I'll have so much to share. lol






























































































































15 comments:

stampqueen said...

Glad to have you back - boy I thought I was an early bird - I was up at 530 - Its the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! :) Am catching up on blogs a little this am, as I worked all weekend, so am glad to see ya back - Looks like a fun trip!!! Gotta roll - the craft table calls and I am off to get my nails done :)
Tera

Nat said...

love those photos!!!

Shabbychick Junk said...

The booth looks great, girlfriend! Lookit you guys, splashin around at the beach! Glad you got some play time in along with the biz part of your trip! Welcome home! :)

Sugar Bear said...

What beautiful photos. Looks like you had a lot of fun with some great friends! San Diego looks so beautiful. My sister visited there recently and now wants to move out there. I think I too would feel that way if I went there!
Karla

Catherine said...

Looks like you had a great time....buy anything fun and cool??

Karen said...

Great photos! You girls look like you had a crazy time!

~missprissme said...

I love your ocean picture it looks like you were having fun. After all no ocean in Nebraska. Way to carpe diem i.e. seize the day. ~best

MJ said...

Welcome back! Looks like you had a great time in San Diego! The shot of you paddling in the water is fun!

Helle Greer said...

Hi sweet girl...
What fun it was to see you and Sandy.
Thank you again sooooooo much for the super creative gift, I will post everything on my blog in a few days, had to get all my pics in order.
It was just a blast to spend some time with you, and I love the picture I caught of you in the water, too cute.
Glad to made it home safely.
hope to see you again soon.
hugs,
helle

janel said...

Greetings!
You were missed while you were away. The photos are great, and it looks like a wonderful time. Love the serene feeling of your hotel room, and looks like the view was great too. Thanks for the links, as I will be checking them all out.
later!
Happy home to you!

Anne said...

thanks so much for joining us on pencil lines!!! loved working from your sketch!!!!
XO
Annie
www.ahafermann.typepad.com

Jessrose21 said...

Welcome back! I love the overhead shot of the city. Makes me want to move there where it's warm all the time!

Sharon in NE said...

Oh it looks like SO much fun! So glad you got the ocean and sand between your toes and got lots of play time with friends!! (sigh!!) Life is good!

Precious Treasures said...

What a beautiful place to have a show!

myrnastoy said...

Vicki, Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful pictures of the family.It is always such a pleasure to see all my relatives that I don't see so often.Love ya,cousin. Thanks,Myrna