Sunday, August 05, 2007

Kit-astrophy of a mess

lol.. and that's no lie! My work room was such a disaster last night , I was tempted to take a picture to share...but it was just tooooo embarrassing! I have been working on cutting kit stuff for classes for days now and my room looks like it! Oh bother! Tons of little bitty bags of stuff and bits of paper, and scraps.. my machine and dies out in the middle of the room. Ribbons, pencils, scissors, water bottles, sleeping dogs, paper cutters, boxes, inks, buttons, clips, and a piece of left over pizza crust on a plate...it was a sorry site! Things were out of control! But I got alot done, and it's all put away and cleaned up today..so it feels good!

I have to tell you though,I thought of one of the sayings I used on a project last week , as I was working late last night. The saying was.." Never take yourself to seriously". Here's why...
I was so deep in putting together the kit's for these albums last night... it was 1am before I quit.
I was tired and I was trying to make sure I had all the right little pieces in each of the right bags for each of the 13 pages. ( not a smart thing to do when it's late and your tired) lol Anyway, I was checking and re-checking, counting and re-counting, and it just wasn't coming out right. I was getting really frustrated. It was really quiet in the house because Dan had stayed out at the cabin to fish and Jarad was at a friends for the night. Just the dogs and I and they were snoring on the floor.
I was so tired ,but determined to figure it out before going to bed! All of the sudden I heard this noise that was SO LOUD I swear my whole body just did some weird spaz. It was LOUD and Continuous! Both Dogs went running downstairs. AWAY from the fan that was sitting on the floor in my room... which I now realize is where the sound it coming from. I thought for a minute it was going to blow up..either that, or take flight! I didnt see it happen ,but

A LONG STRIP OF PAPER HAD FALLEN OFF THE EDGE OF THE TABLE AND HAD GOTTEN SUCKED INTO THE BACK OF THE FAN. You would not think this would make that loud of a noise , would you? WRONG! It was LOUD! ( What a dork.. I was literally talking out loud.. saying.."GEEEEZZ, that was loud!") ** please tell me you have done this when you were scared ,and that it's perfectly normal?lol
When you were a kid, did you ever clip playing cards onto the spokes of your bike tires with clothes pins... so they would make that loud clacking sound? Yeah... that's the sound... at 1 am.. when your home alone, half asleep, deep in thought!
Well, once I realized what it was, and how high I jumped, and how stupid I must have looked, I thought about .. that saying about "not taking yourself too seriously".. and yes...it was late , and I was a bit "punchy" but I laughed at what a nerd I must have looked like. Sorry you missed it! lol

Warning: Paper and Fans dont mix

13 comments:

HB said...

Now I've got the giggles! I am SO glad I'm not the only one things like that happen to! LOL

Precious Treasures said...

Talking about fans, I had a customer that altered a fan. The fans come arart so the blades can be painted. I have to go buy a fan just to one!

Sounds like you had a clagon take me awy kind of night!

janel said...

Oh those class kits look so fun. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at your house when the excitement happened. I also talk out loud at times, so don't feel like too much of a "nerd"...there are lots of us that do the exact same thing. And, oh yes, the cards on the bike wheels..definitely something from my childhood.

Eleanor said...

Okay, when the dogs start running away and leave you alone with God knows what I'd be scared too! Too funny! Those kits look awesome.
~El

Sharon in NE said...

How brave of your dogs to protect you. ....What a hoot! I bet you weren't sleepy after that.
And just when are you having this classes?

You know I think that makes three of us in the world that says "Oh bother". You, me, and Pooh. snicker snicker

Sara said...

Oh, girl. I *always* talk out loud at times like that - it's almost like you're defending yourself to yourself for being embarrassed. This post cracked me up though. ;)

stampqueen said...

Been there - done that - was glad noone got pictures!!! Visualize a late night creative surge at the craft table when all the sudden a big cat jumps from out of nowhere onto the top of your table!!! She was determined to get my attention one way or another - but the yelp/half scream wasn't what she counted on and she scrambled down in a very big hurry!!! :)

Catherine said...

ha ha ha! that's happened to me before. I so can see you jumping!! LOL. Have a great day!

Deb S. said...

oh i have had that happen to me too! lol! i can just see you jumping! i'd do the same thing! your kits look very interesting and cute!

Sugar Bear said...

I would have jumped a mile as well! And there is nothing wrong with talking to yourself when you are scared, I do it all the time - actually wait a minute - I'm not scared and still talk to myself!
Karla

Mistylynn said...

sorry but I too am laughing. Hope you have an easier time tonight.
Misty
cute kits

~Donna~ said...

Your kit looks yummy!! p.s. check my blog, you've been tagged ;)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Your kits look cute, and like they were worth the time you struggled with them!

I remember cards in my spokes and yes it is LOUD, I'd have been scared too!