Tuesday, September 25, 2007

About the Fundraiser

I just wanted to post this , for those of you following the fundraiser. Julie posted this in the comments yesterday, and I wanted to be sure that those of you who took part, saw it.





Julie Higgins said...
Thank you to all of you who read this blog and have supported Dave and his family with your thoughts, prayers, donations for the silent auction, and monetary donations. As the Barbershop Quartet sang 'It's a Wonderful World' and Dave walked in the sanctuary with his big smile, I could hardly hold back the tears! And as I left the church at 11 p.m. last night knowing the total donations and money raised was already well over $10,000 and they were still counting it, I could not hold back the tears. Not only did we cry but we stopped for a moment to say a prayer of thanks to God! Planning this benefit was a very rewarding experience and like Vicki said, we found out just how many, many caring and wonderful people there are in the world! Even today there were donations coming in yet! Julie

3 comments:

Dawn B said...

Vicki, thanks for posting about the fundraiser. I feel truly blessed by discovering your blog and then reading Dave's story. I hope enough money is raised to help Dave and his family and to complete the home repairs that they need so badly.

Shawn said...

That is so neat how everyone pulls together to help each other out. I'm praying for Dave and his family.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

God is good, and He provides, all the time. :) Thanks for posting that!
Lidy