Thursday, September 06, 2007

art, friends, and food...

You can't go wrong with that combo! I had Paula and Deb over for lunch and an afternoon of artful fun. It was such a nice chance to get together with the girls and spend some time, just being chatting and crafting.

This is the project I made today. It's my mom in the photo.

After lunch I had planned a little project for us each to make.

Each of us got a flat canvas like this and a hanger.
I had told them they could bring a photo they might want to use , with them, for the project.

Then I sat out a mish mash of papers, stamps, ephemera, paint, ink.. ect... and they could choose from these to make thier canvas.

It was really fun, because although we all love vintage, we each have our own styles.






Deb did hers with a photo of her parents, on the day they were engaged.

My larger photo of Paula didnt turn out, but she was taking it home to add the finishing touches.. so I can always get a photo later.
She is so artsy! Here is the tail of the Beautiful Mermaid she did.








We had Chicken salad for lunch.








and Raspberry Sherbet for desert.
Deb had to head home early, but by they time Paula and I wrapped things up, it was dinner time. So when Dan got home, I told her to call Ron and tell him to come over and we'd throw something on the grill and eat together.
They were going to be babysitting their newest Grandchild tonight, so Ron go to bring him along...
How cute is baby William? ahhhhhhh
What a good baby he is!
It was a really nice day all around.

















11 comments:

michelle said...

It looks like so much fun!

Precious Treasures said...

I am just wondering why I was not not invited for lunch? (just kidding) I had to comment as even your lunch looks like a work of art! hee hee

I would like to do some classes at the store where it is a challenge and make prize for the winner ? Any ideas?

janel said...

Oh what a great way to enjoy the day...food, art, and friends...and then blessed by a darling baby! These are the things that life is made of. So happy you had a wonderful time.

Nat said...

oh what an awesome day!!!

stampqueen said...

I really need to do more with my old photos!!! I really need more time - this thing called work really interfers with my creative genius, LOL...
I love the canvus with the picture of your Mom!!!
Tera

Sharon in NE said...

Good grief. Is there something you CAN'T do? Please tell me your voice sounds like Minnie Mouse or you wear your underwear on the outside of your clothes. Perfect little artist, perfect little hostess, you've got time for EVERYTHING and seem so organized. I feel like you're Martha Stewart and I'm Courtney Love in which case I would probably be wearing my underwear outside my clothes...sigh.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful collage and it looks like you had a really nice day!

Pattyjo said...

I now know where you got your good looks. You look just like her picture. You of course did a beautiful job on your art again today. You go girl!

Sugar Bear said...

What fun! Everyone is so super talented! Love that new camera by the way. Pretty snazzy there Miss Vicki!
Karla

Shawn said...

wow you girls were busy! love the collages, be on the lookout for some snail mail :)

chelemom said...

What a great day! Amazing projects!!