Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I took the plunge

I finally invested in a new camera! I love the Olypmus C-740 Ultra Zoom that I've had (and used daily) for a couple of years now. It's been a super camera, and I've certainly gotten my moneys worth out of it, and will probably still use it. When I got that camera, I got a great deal on it and then a $100 rebate on top of it. Woo Hoo! I loved that! If your ever in the market for a camera in that price range, I totally recommend it.
This is the new baby...now I really need to sit down and read the manual. (ick)
Yesterday, I pulled out my Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Halloween images, and these 2 1/2x 2 1/2 wood blocks from Lara's Crafts, and made this Altered Block set. I usually do these with photos, or atleast a mix of photos and images, but these Halloween images have always been my very faves, from the very beginning... so I thought it would be fun to have these to set out so I could enjoy them this fall.
After adhering them , I sanded and lightly inked the edges. I used my tracing wheel on them for the stitched look. (works great on wood) , and then I spritzed them all with .... YOU GUESSED IT... (iridescent gold) Glimmer Mist. lol ( I have a serious addition to that stuff) lol

Today I spent some time in the kitchen, since I'm having a couple of friends for lunch tomorrow.
I've been so hungry for chicken salad (with grapes) oh yeh!
I'm sure will be a fun day... I'll share photos with you tomorrow.
Oh .. and for those of you who live close.... the Classes at Precious Treasures are this Saturday..
INFO HERE
Come on over!





17 comments:

stampqueen said...

"for those of you who live close" - don't I wish :) - I only hope you are in town and having some classes when we come home for Old Settlers Weekend next year!!!!!
Tera

Jennie said...

We are getting the glimmer mist at the LSS on Friday. I received an email from Tattered Angels and it should be in the house on Friday. I can't wait to play with more of the colors. Thanks for getting me hooked.

SOINSPIRED said...

A new camera! How exciting for you. You know I love those Crafty Secrets blocks.

Heather said...

I WISH I lived closer... One of these days HB and I will show up at one of your classes. We are having lunch tomorrow so think of us while you are having lunch with friends too... :)From what I hear from HB, glimmer mist is in my future!

chelemom said...

Wish I lived close by....sigh....Love these Halloween cubes!

MJ said...

Lucky you with a new camera! I'd love to have something more than a point & shoot but I haven't even learned how to properly use it so I know I'm not ready for anything more sophisticated! LOL! Keep on shooting (photos that is!)!

Jessrose21 said...

Ohh, nice camera! Lucky you!

Those blocks are so cute and look like a great project. I love the scaredy cat and the scaredy jack-o-lantern!

Karen said...

Love the block. The glimmer mist is VERY cool! Enjoy your new camera! I LOVE mine.

Jami said...

Congrats on the new camera, you are going to LOVE it. I Love your blocks they are so cool.

Shawn said...

Welcome to the rebel world Vicki! You will love your new camera. I've had mine for a few years now. It is simply amazing the stuff you can do. Wish we were headed back home gretna isnt that far.

janel said...

Congratulations! That is the camera I have and I absolutely LOVE it. Yes, read the manual, and then have fun, fun fun! Guess what we are having tonight for dinner....yes, chicken sald with grapes. LOVE those Halloween images on the blocks. What a darling project. Have a great day!

Sharon in NE said...

I'm jealous through and through.

Charmingdesigns said...

I have been drooling over this camera for a couple of years now. I have only heard good things about it! Love the blocks...I'll have to give those a try! Have a great day! Laurie

Pattyjo said...

I do have a wonderful blog goodie suggestion...glimmer mist! Isn't that an awesome idea????

Hehehehe

Catherine said...

you're going to love your new baby!!

Pearl Maple - Mandy Collins said...

Oh that canvas is gorgeous!
Congrats on the new camera, looks awfully technical but am sure all those dials and numbers equate to top quality photos for you.

Amy Teets said...

I LOVE those cubes!!! I wish I lived closer so I could go to one of your classes :D