Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's not Autumn without Pumpkin Bread

I spent the day, just doing "homey" stuff for the most part ,and enjoying having the windows open enjoying the cool breeze coming through. I love days like this!
I did give both the pups a bath.. and although it's alot of work and not the most fun ( for me or for them)... it feels good to have it done. Molly really fights it every inch of the way... so I have to try to "trick" her, to corral her long enough.. to get it done. It's quite a sight. ( I know...your sorry you missed it!) lol Let's just say, I needed a shower and a nap , by the time it was over. I got a shower, up no nap! Darn!
**************************************************
I know I shared this recipe here last fall, but sharing again...because around here , it's just not fall till I make these. I've used this recipe since the kids were little, and it's so good. It's easy , it makes a big batch and it freezes really well. I used to wrap them individually and freeze them, when Wes was in College and lived in the dorms, so he could grab one as he wanted. Now I do the same at home for us. It works really well.

It mixes up all on one bowl also, so you don't have lots of dishes to deal with. I got this recipe from mom, and I know it has been around for a while , because it said you could bake it in 3, two pound coffee cans???
Well, I don't do that, I make them into muffins or into mini loaves.
I used to bake alot,but dont much these days. I guess I figure , not only do I not have the time, but I don't need the calories. The boys aren't around and Dan doesn't eat sweets.

Well, here you go. If you get a chance... give em a whirl..they are pretty Yummy!
Pumpkin muffins/bread
3 cups sugar (I used less)
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 (15oz cans) pumpkin
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinn
1 tsp nutmeg
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
Combine all ingredients and mix with electric mixer. Pour into muffin tins or loaf pans sprayed with non stick spray. Makes 3 large loaves or 3 dozen muffins.
Bake at 350
Bake loaves approx 60 minutes and muffins approx 30 minute

Enjoy!!!

8 comments:

~missprissme said...

Yep I am going to try it! These look great thanks for the recipe. I went out and bought a pumpkin spice candle today. That is something I do every fall/Christmas. But the real deal sounds like a better plan. The last time I gave my dog a bath I almost killed myself(well almost =D) so I don't do it anymore alone. We have dog washes around here where you can get them in a tub bay that is up waist high so you don't have to bend over and break your back. They provide all of the soap, the water pressure is great with the hoses. Anyway, that's the only way I can do it anymore, getting too old for all that physical work. Hate to say it but it's true. We ain't getting any younger. ~best

Catherine said...

they look yummy, have a fab day...we need to talk too!! xox.

janel said...

Oh yummy!
I too will be making these...thanks for sharing....maybe I wasn't "stalking" your blog last year, but I don't have this recipe. Thanks!!!
Enjoy the day!

Sharon in NE said...

oh, my mouth is watering. For the first time in months, I am getting the urge to actually go INTO the kitchen and bake something...yes, I believe, I truly am inspired to do that, in fact, I swear I can even smell it baking now...oh wait...that's just my pumpkin spice candle. Ah...the desire to bake passed, I'll just smell my candle instead. whew! That was a close one!

Sugar Bear said...

Those pumpkin muffins look so smooth and delicious! Thanks for sharing my friend. Gotta go try it. I know you want to come give my dog a bath next right?! Come on she is small!
Karla

Monica said...

ooh yummy! I just made some Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to send to my hubby in Korea, they are his fave! I might have to try the muffins!

Shawn said...

Yum that looks so good! I think I'll have to write down this recipe!

Sharon said...

Vicki - I just made your pumpkin bread! YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY! I had a recipe that I had been using for years, but yours is WAY easier and every bit as tasty. I'm having to feed one loaf to the freezer just so my family doesn't scarf it up! Thanks for sharing.